• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Installation Error (lrcat)

New Here ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've recently tried to install lightroom 3.3. However, after the installation (without asking for serial key yet), below picture appears on my screen:

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program many times, but I still get the same result.

Hope you can help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ives

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Ok, go over to Lightroomforums and look at this thread: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?11341-quot-Lightroom-Opening-Catalog-IMG_8938.JPG.lrcat-quot-comes-up-and-Lightroom-won-t-open

Ask for assistance in getting this fixed, I'm sure some of the PC gurus there will be able to guide you through the process if you feel you need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to re-post the picture or some more details on the error message.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't see a picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us about your system as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for informing me that the screenshot did not appear in the forum.

Below is the screenshot of the error as well as my computer details. thanks

for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where is that 'below' ? Still nothing here to see. How are you trying to post?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry. I pasted the picture from paint. should I attach instead? Let me

try once more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I can't seem to paste the picture. Anyway, here's the message taht appears in my screen everytime I run lightroom:

Lightroom -  Opening Catalog: 4594410780_36c40a73f0_b.jpg.lrcat

Followed by:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working

This messages appear even before I was asked for a serial key during installation.

My computer system:

Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU   M330 @ 2.13GHz
RAM: 2GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

Thanks again for trying to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, go over to Lightroomforums and look at this thread: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?11341-quot-Lightroom-Opening-Catalog-IMG_8938.JPG.lrca...

Ask for assistance in getting this fixed, I'm sure some of the PC gurus there will be able to guide you through the process if you feel you need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ives,

This situation (=bug) occurs when you choose to create a new catalog and then specify the name of an existing file (i.e. 4594410780_36c40a73f0_b.jpg) instead of entering a folder name for the new catalog.

Easiest way for you to solve the problem is to rename the LR preferences file:

• On your Win7 system, while LR is closed, click on the start button and - under "Search Programs and Files", enter the following:
    %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom
  • Then press Enter
  • Within the "Lightroom" folder, you see a folder called "Preferences", in which you find a file called "Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs"
  • Rename the file "Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs" to "Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs.old"
  • Start Lightroom, a new preferences file will be built.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what do you do to get the correct (original) catalog working Beat??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I CANT SAY IT ENOUGH! I was feeling so helpless...I am back in business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ives,

This problem (=bug) occurs when you choose "New Catalog" and then double click an existing image file instead of entering a catalog folder name in the "Name" field.

To get out of the problem, you can rename the LR preferences file as follows:

• On your Win7 system, while LR is closed, click on the start button and - under "Search Programs and Files", enter the following:
    %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom
  • Then press Enter
  • You now see a folder called "Preferences", within which you see a file called "Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs"
  • Rename the file "Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs" to "Lightroom 3 Preferences.agprefs.old"
  • Start LR and choose to create a new catalog, entering a location and name of the catalog (like Lightroom 3 Catalog) in the name field

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Beat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yehey! Many thanks guys, I was able to run lightroom already! Yehey! Yehey!

Yehey! Sorry i can't help but to say Yehey! again..

Thanks to Geoff for the suggested site. I also read the instructions there.

Also from Beat.

Kudos to Beat for the detailed instructions.. Hats off! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant !!! Thanks for reporting back, now remember LR rule #5 - Enjoy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it to work, Yves

Beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beat, your knowledge of LR Install is just what I need for resolving a Photo club discussion that has caused some disagreement.

Don't want to bother these good people. is there some way to contact or .. your suggestion? I will check this site.

It is rather important to us.

Ed in Pensacola, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed,

I've sent you a PM.

Beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it doesn't even open anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I could not find this folder.

My address to the folder is C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.5

Att

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Douglas.Ottolini wrote:

Hi

I could not find this folder.

My address to the folder is C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.5

Att

In the search box of your start menu (if Win7) or in the address bar of a windows explorer, enter %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences to get into the preferences folder.

Beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines