• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom keep crashing

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have for 3 years used Lightroom 6 on my PC without problems. Now it has started crashing after 15 sec.

I have tried to reset the preferences, but it didn´t help. I have also tried to reset the GPU, but I can´t find the recommended path C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs where [user name] is your login name. I don´t have Appdata in my C:/ Users

I can find a Preferences fil in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\Installer\Preferences,but it is empty.

The last thing I have tried is to install a test version of Lightroom Classic (Photography-plan), but it is also crashing. When I open the new installed version of Lightroom Classic it still opens Lightroom 6. Is that right?

Any ideas what to do?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

I have some comments-

Now it has started crashing after 15 sec.

Many with Lr6 are now experiencing crashes when using 'Facial Recognition' (is yours turned on?)

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the-facial-recognition-modul/5fd510567288d52d004c42d6

I have tried to reset the preferences, .... I don´t have Appdata in my C:/ Users

It is probably 'Hidden'. In the Windows File-Browser- View Menu - set the option to show Hidden items:

ScreenShot333.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Lightroom forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Kind regards

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some comments-

Now it has started crashing after 15 sec.

Many with Lr6 are now experiencing crashes when using 'Facial Recognition' (is yours turned on?)

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v610-crashes-in-the...

I have tried to reset the preferences, .... I don´t have Appdata in my C:/ Users

It is probably 'Hidden'. In the Windows File-Browser- View Menu - set the option to show Hidden items:

ScreenShot333.jpg

You can type %appdata%\adobe\lightroom into the Start menu search box and you’ll be taken directly to the Lightroom user folder.

I can find a Preferences fil in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\Installer\Preferences,but it is empty.

Not relevant!

The last thing I have tried is to install a test version of Lightroom Classic (Photography-plan), but it is also crashing.

Is your computer compatible with Lr-Classic-  Windows-10, etc. ! Lightroom-CLASSIC System requirements 

When I open the new installed version of Lightroom Classic it still opens Lightroom 6. Is that right?

No. It is not right. You are probably starting from a Shortcut that always directs to Lr6 or your catalog that Lr6 uses. In Windows-10: Lr-Classic installs with the [LrC] icon and as "Adobe Lightroom Classic" in the start menu.

Lr-Classic, when run for the first time, would normally copy the Lr6 catalog and ask to be allowed to upgrade it for use with Lr-Classic. (The data in the upgraded catalog will 'look' the same.)

Having installed the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App you would need to un-install that to return to using Lr6 unless you intend to continue with a subscription to the Photography Plan (20Gb).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. Now is LrC working without crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine keeps crashing, also. I can not import photos without it crashing. (The catalogs keep corrupting). 

I have restarted it.

Uninstalled & re-installed it.

I have reset preferences.

I have shut off graphics acceleration.

Created numerous catalogs on different hard drives. Results are I can import 1 time after creating a new catalog, thereafter I can no longer import images, it crashes. 

I have updated programs, updated Windows 10, updated drivers.

System:
Processor: Intel Xeon(R) CUP E9-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz
16.0 GB Ram
64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor.
Windows 10 Home
Version: 21H1
2TB SSD Hard Drive 1.46 TB free space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Mine keeps crashing,"

Now I am NOT a 'Crash' expert, but to start your discussion-

"Mine" means what?  The Lightroom App, or Windows with a BSOD?

"Mine" means Lightroom-Classic?  Or are you including Lightroom-6 (as in the topic of this thead)?

If it is just the App crashing, then I would suspect corruptions ocurring in the Catalog or Previews cache (where are these stored?)

If it is Windows crashing, then it has to be device drivers, graphic drivers, failing hardware- Drives, RAM, etc. (Not unknown even in new systems)

You have done some good detective work already. Can you post some or the error messages or screen-clips of what you are seeing?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic, version 10.3, the OP was talking about LR on his computer. I have used LR since version 1. And the reason I posted in this thread is that it was the only one I found that had anything remoting resembling my issues with LR. 

It's not a hardware problem, it's a catalog corruption problem. I have created new catalogs on 3 different hard drives and still am only able to import images without LR freezing right after creating the new catalog. If I close out LR & re-open it, then try to import it freezes & I need to shut it down.  I read one comment in another thread insisting it was a hardware issue, though the OP had run scans that showed there were no hardware issues. Or that it was due to the CPU-intensive usage while importing photos. 

All my images are copied to the hard drive before importing into LR because the program kept crashing when trying to import from the memory. Unfortunately, this did not help.  I have only had this problem the last 2-3 months at most. I've imported large files in the past with no issues (from 36 & 45-megapixel cameras).

The only error msgs I receive is Lightroom is not responding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information from Windows 10 Event Logger

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 7/24/2021 1:43:10 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: MPR
Description:
The program Lightroom.exe version 10.3.0.10 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2260
Start Time: 01d780b49d0800c9
Termination Time: 122
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Lightroom.exe
Report Id: 07b460bc-656c-477c-ab69-d30c491483d6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-07-24T18:43:10.2517152Z" />
<EventRecordID>22687</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>MPR</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Lightroom.exe</Data>
<Data>10.3.0.10</Data>
<Data>2260</Data>
<Data>01d780b49d0800c9</Data>
<Data>122</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Lightroom.exe</Data>
<Data>07b460bc-656c-477c-ab69-d30c491483d6</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>Unknown</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that one of your 'Import' screen-clips does not show a 'Source' of files to Add.-

WobertC_0-1627170453126.png

Have you tried reverting back to v10.2? This may be worth trying.

I am otherwise out of suggestions, sorry.

My next step, if it were my problem, would be to backup important catalogs and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to refresh the whole system. Creative Cloud Cleaner  

And also start a new thread with your details at Adobe Photoshop Family -Lr Classic where Adobe engineers might see your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is because it freezes before it gets that far.  Notice at the top of that image it says LR not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just as frustrated. I actually pay for the latest version... wonder if its time to switch. SO FRUSTRATED!   I was using a older version for year and as soon as I switched problem after problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start a new post- Your post gives no information whatsoever to help with an answer.

Please include the following:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred.
Screenshots of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines