• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not aply auto sync to what is not on screen

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have normaly more that 300 photos and I adjust one image and I try to apply Auto Sync to all photos, but just apply to the photos are display on screen and I have to move part by part to Sync all the photos, any fix?

Lightroom 2015.7

2017-02-02_224441.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you try-

In the Library Grid, select the Folder, Select all images (>300), goto Develop module, switch AutoSync 'On', then edit image in window.

I can also select one image in the Develop Filmstrip and press [CTRL+A]  to select all, and they will all Autosync.

You need all the filmstrip 'selected'.

Also Upgrade to 2015.8

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I Update to CC 2015 [1014445]

And nothing i tried both solutions, Just auto Sync photos are on the monitor view, Even if I minimize the Lightroom windows, Stop Auto Sync proccess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonathan2908 wrote:

Ok I Update to CC 2015 [1014445]

That is the Original release of LR 6. You need the 6.8 update. You can get it from here.

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Have you actually selected the images that are not being displayed in the File Strip? Select the first, left hand side, move the scroll bar all the way to the Right, hold down the Shift key and select the last image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not encountered the issue you are seeing. In your screen capture, it doesn't appear as if you have auto-sync enabled. You also might want to consider updating to the latest release of Lightroom. The current build number is 1099473. You can download the latest update from this website: Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess wrote:

...In your screen capture, it doesn't appear as if you have auto-sync enabled....

Exactly.

One other observation is that only 9 images are selected, not 300 and not the entire filmstrip.

I don't think the Lightroom version is relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I tried to update 6.8 I can't updated it I have some many errors, I tried with CC and I have 6.0 and then I tried 6.7 Update, I cannot updated,  finally I get 6.0, but as John said looks like Is not a version problem.

2017-02-05_212816.png

All file Strip is selectec If i move to the right you can see pictures starting to update effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get any resolution for this issue?

I have exactly the same problem ie only the photos in view on the screen whether in Library mode or filmstrip have sync'd. I have to scroll through the Library pages or filmstrip to ensure all have actually sync'd prior to exporting in Slideshow, otherwise the video has the first sync'd and rest not. Sync or Autosync I've found to be irrelevant. The issue is that the sync doesn't fully complete automatically. It, in effect, pauses and only completes when you have scrolled through all the photos.

I am on:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's a misunderstanding here about how Lightroom deals with "off-screen" images when syncing changes to them. Yes, the thumbnail previews in the filmstrip and/or grid which are not yet displayed on screen are not immediately updated when the sync (or auto-sync) command is carried out, but the images ARE updated, i.e. the details of the edits to be applied are stored in the catalog. Remember that what you see in the grid and filmstrip are rendered previews created from the original files, and Lightroom works on the basis that it does not update those previews for "off-screen" images until brought into view.

What this means is that you can apply a change to a bunch of images, some of whose thumbnails are off-screen, then export all those images (without first bringing the off-screen images into view), and you'll find that the exported files will include all the edits that were applied by that sync/auto-sync operation. Subsequently bringing the off-screen originals into view will initially show the unedited version, quickly replaced by the edited version as the previews are updated.

Slideshow works a little differently in that it builds previews, and it looks like those previews are derived from the original unedited previews.....thus previewing the slideshow in LR may well show some apparently unchanged images (because new library previews haven't been created yet). However, export the slideshow, e.g. to PDF, and you should find that the exported slideshow WILL include all the edits. At least it did when I tested it. I suspect there's a bug here, if the Slideshow module runs through a "building previews" step, logically it should build those previews from the original images and thus include all the cataloged edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim - Thank you for this explanation and your logic is sound, however in practice something is going awry.

The problem occurs when I export to video without ensuring all the previews have been updated.

In this case the video produces some images which have the updates applied and some which have not, as though it is taking the information from the previews rather that the catalogue.

Exporting to PDF appear to use the logic you suggest as it produces the correct results.

A simple test to show this is:

1-In Develop, change the 1st photo to B&W

2-Select all.

3-Sync (progress bar completes)

4-Quickly jump into Slideshow (if you flick back to Library for a second you'll see some but not all photos will have started to show the change to B&W) - due to the logic you describe above

5-Export to PDF

6-Export to video (using Lightroom Templates eg widescreen or simple) - this rules out any fault with the plugin below

7-Export to video (using User Templates eg 24fps Timelapse) - 3rd party plugin

8-Flick back to Library again to see some but not all photos will have started to show the change to B&W

So at this stage, updates to the catalogue are complete but updates to previews are not.

As the catalogue has been updated the exports should produce the correct results.

Now here's where the logic falls over:

9-Check the PDF file - all slides are B&W

10-Check the LR Template video - some are B&W, the rest are still colour

11-Check the User Template video - some are B&W, the rest are still colour

This would suggest that rendering to PDF takes the source information from the catalogue, whereas rendering to video takes the source information from the previews.

So far the only way I have found to counteract this and produce the correct results is to ensure all previews have taken the update before exporting to video. As there appears to be no automatic way of doing this with and no progress indicator, it needs to be done manually by viewing each screen in Library or each section of filmstrip until all previews have been updated.

Is it possible for you to attempt the same test above?

I'd be interested to see if you get the same results.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duncanl46682330  wrote

Is it possible for you to attempt the same test above?

I'd be interested to see if you get the same results.

Thanks.

Yes, ran that test (exporting video) and confirmed that only the images visible in the filmstrip had the auto-synced edits applied. It's probably the same issue that was documented here: Lightroom: Development settings aren't being applied before exporting slideshow | Photoshop Family C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I have found to counteract this and produce the correct results is to ensure all previews have taken the update before exporting to video. As there appears to be no automatic way of doing this with and no progress indicator, it needs to be done manually by viewing each screen in Library or each section of filmstrip until all previews have been updated.

With all the photos selected, do Library > Previews > Build Standard-Sized Previews and wait for the progress bar to indicate completion.  This works around similar instances of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines