• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mainly use Lightroom, but when should I be using Lightroom Classic?  What are the advantages of using both?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote...when should I be using Lightroom Classic?  
By @Tezjito5

I've moved your post from Creative Cloud Desktop to LR Classic where you are more likely to get an answer to your question.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want photos stored in the cloud so you view and edit them on any device, then use Lightroom. If you want to provide your own keywords, you would use Lightroom Classic.

Of course there are other differences. What differences are you concerned about? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your main focus.

Personally, I prefer to use Lightroom Classic - A) I'm used to it, and B) it is a bit more versatile than Lightroom; Lightroom is Cloud-centric and Lightroom Classic, is locally based - images are stored locally, instead of the Cloud. This can be an advantage - especially if you want more control over where your photos are stored.  With Lightroom Classic, you have to import the photos into the catalogue, With Lightroom, they are uploaded to the Cloud and this can be an advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic the vast majority of the time, because I enjoy the organizational tools, including Collections and Keywords. I also use the map, slideshow and book making tools. Nevertheless, occasionally when I'm traveling I like to edit just a few images on the iPad using Lightroom so that I can edit and upload to social media. After using LRC for so many years, I find the Lightroom interface a bit awkward, but it mostly does what I need, and I don't like to spend a lot of time editing when I'm traveling.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines