• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Presets Won't Save

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC (on Mac, High Sierra 10.13.6). Today I created my first preset, and I followed a tutorial on how to save my custom preset (Click the + button in the top corner to the Preset sidebar, name the preset, name a new folder for my presets, 'select all' to ensure that all tweaks are included). However, nothing happened. There wasn't an error code, my preset just didn't appear in the Preset sidebar. I restarted Lightroom to see if it would only appear after a reboot, I went and checked the Preset folder in my Library to see if I could see the preset there. Nope, nothing.

Also, I've downloaded a few preset packs in the past from various bloggers and photographers, and while I was hunting in the Preset Library folder for my preset, I deleted a few packs that I never use, while I was there. I expected on restarting Lightroom to see that these deleted presets would have disappeared from the Preset sidebar, but they're still there, and still useable. I double-checked the folder from which I deleted the presets, and I'm sure that I haven't saved the presets in a second location.

My Lightroom is logged into my Adobe account.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC? Just wanting to clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC, specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version? Things changed with version 7.3 onwards. You may be looking at the old presets location, where the .lrtemplate presets were stored. Deleting these will do nothing because they have been converted to .xmp presets and are now stored in a different place. Adding .xmp presets to the old folder will also do nothing. The correct location: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using Lightroom desktop (formerly known as Lightroom CC and also sometimes known as 'Lightroom cloudy'). That version used to store presets locally, but that changed. Presets are now stored in the cloud. A copy of your old presets may still be in that old local folder, but adding or deleting presets there does not do anything anymore. You have to manage the presets from within the application.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I found it in the cloud. I must have missed an update... or several.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

First of all thanks for all the info in this post!

I would like to ask about the "saving your own preset from lightroom and nothing happening afterwards".

I'm even reinstalled Ligthroom Classic and after I do all the Create Preset thing from the presets left window nothing shows up. I'm desperate...

Any ideas how to solve this?
Am I doing something wrong?

I don't get what is happening.. >_<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Blanco,

Which Lightroom Classic version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic v10.1

Just updated today, but yesterday I tryed with couple versions earlier and the same is happening... Got the subscription yesterday and I'm still fighting with this preset thing... 
😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines