• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom saying NAS Volume is Full

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a NAS and successfully migrated my photos to it.  Lightroom can see and edit the photos.  My issue is that it is telling me the volume is full even though there is 3TB of space left available.  So I cannot import/export anything to the NAS volume from Lightroom.  In finder, I can put things on the volume.  Any help would be great.  For reference, I am on a Macbook Pro, Catalina, Lightroom Classic 9.1 release.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

I had problems with my NAS and other volumes after updating  to Catalina. The new security features Apple rolled into  Catalina are requiring changes to settings in your Security and Privacy System Preferences. This might be the problem with this volume. Can you check this... Go to System Preferences >  Security and Privacy > Privacy > Select Files and Folders > in the right column under 'Allow the apps below to access files and folders > scroll to Lightroom and make sure that it is checked.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what NAS?

Those with NAS may be able to help, but they will probably ask this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes forgot to specify:  Synology DS918+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely due to the new security settings in Catalina. Go to your System Preferences > Privacy and Security tab  and in the left column choose Full Disk Access (as well as Files and Folders). In the right column select Lightroom and make sure the box is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and did this and still no luck.  When I hover over the disk in LR it says "Online^nThis Volume is Full". Here is a photo for reference.

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 9.01.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you navigate to this folder via your finder and check info? Is this drive partitioned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can navigate and add files in finder.  I can check info, the weird thing is next to size it will say a size but then in parenthesis, it will say zero bytes on disk, even though the files are there.  

The NAS is an 8TB NAS set-up to be 4TB redundant backup.  So 4TB working drive, and 4TB copy.

Thanks so much for continuing to help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems with my NAS and other volumes after updating  to Catalina. The new security features Apple rolled into  Catalina are requiring changes to settings in your Security and Privacy System Preferences. This might be the problem with this volume. Can you check this... Go to System Preferences >  Security and Privacy > Privacy > Select Files and Folders > in the right column under 'Allow the apps below to access files and folders > scroll to Lightroom and make sure that it is checked.

Then go back to the column on the left and select Full Disk Access and do the same... make sure that Lightroom has full disk access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I disabled HTTPs login on the NAS and then made the security setting changes you mentioned above.  This seems to have worked.  Thanks for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same problem with Lightroom Desktop app version 3.3 on my MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.5. I have Synology DS1819+. I also use Lightroom Classic vs 9.3. When I open Lightroom I get the message "/volumes/photos.... is full. Please clear some space or change your local storage settings. This is the Synology Drive that I use for my Lightroom Classic as well. 

I can write to the volume in Finder and Lightroom Classic works with this volume. I have given Lightroom and Lightroom Classic full disk access. It was working with Lightroom until about a week ago. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am still having trouble with Lightroom saying "Disk is full" and there is lots of space. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried Adobe support and they just point me to old community posts that do not help.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. I am new to this forum and if I am posting in the wrong place or wrong way, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for being late! I suppose you posted in the correct forum and correct thred. 🙂

Now my question is: Did you try the suggestions of CMGAP? https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-saying-nas-volume-is-full/m-p/10855721#M1...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on MAC OS Catalina with a WD NAS.  Only been happening since upgrade to Lightroom CC 3.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Lightroom Classic forum. If you tried the solution here https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-saying-nas-volume-is-full/m-p/10855721#M1... and it does not work, it may be a different problem and it may help if a moderator moves your post to the Lr CC forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have exactly the same problem but unfortunately doing what you suggested didn't work for me. I am in catalina and my NAS is DS 412+ 8Tb with 4Tb free space.

Any other idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can  you post a screen shot of your Lightroom Library module showing the Synology in your folders panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue. Lightroom Classic 10.0, Mac OS Catalina, NAS. The NAS doesn't show up as an option on either side of the import dialog but I can force it to import to the NAS if I right-click on a folder in the sidebar and say "import to here".

image.png

image.png

sammyo53788284_2-1603945033578.png

There is about 400GB out of 6TB being used, so there should still be about 5.5GB of free space left but lightroom doesn't see it that way.

And yes Lightroom has full access to files: 

sammyo53788284_3-1603945166648.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The light next to the 'Sammy' drive is red which  indicates it is asleep or not on. At the finder level under the Go menu Connect to Server and select your DiskStation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Image.png

It is connected and we tried to reconnect it again. The red light is still there. 

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines