• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop color issues

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this issue before but for some reason, on occasion, when I (cmd+E) to open an image in Photoshop it strips the profile I have/had selected in LrC. A workaround is to use Export command, find the file and then open in Photoshop. Then is looks as it should. How do I fix this issue?

Attached screengrabs show the difference; first image (with stars showing) is image cmd+E to PS, saved then viewed in LR (saved on left, original on right). Second image (with star rating cropped out) is the Exported file from LR then opened in PS (left side) compared to the original image cmd+E into PS. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

"when I (cmd+E) to open an image in Photoshop it strips the profile I have/had selected in LrC."

There's an outstanding bug in LR 10: When a photo has a creative profile containing a LUT, LR fails to pass the profile to Photoshop:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in-ps-from-lr-loses-profile/5f9043b035f40c2520b9e964?commentId=5fb3495d014b4c3c8a0da305 

An easier workaround: Do Metadata > Save Metadata To File right before editing

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"when I (cmd+E) to open an image in Photoshop it strips the profile I have/had selected in LrC."

There's an outstanding bug in LR 10: When a photo has a creative profile containing a LUT, LR fails to pass the profile to Photoshop:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in... 

An easier workaround: Do Metadata > Save Metadata To File right before editing in Photoshop, or alternatively, set the option Catalog Settings > Metadata > Automatically Write Changes Into XMP.

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines