• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom will not read sony ARW files

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood the latest version of Lightroom supported the recent Sony A7 series, whose RAW files are Sony's own ARW files. I have the latest Lightroom but it will not read these files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Here is a list of the Sony A7 series cameras that Lightroom supports, and the version of Lightroom required. The Lightroom versions are in the highlighted area.

Capture.JPG

If you are certain you have the appropriate version of Lightroom installed, then provide more information. Can your operating system browser see the raw files? Have they been downloaded to your hard drive? What operating system are you using? What is the exact version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a list of the Sony A7 series cameras that Lightroom supports, and the version of Lightroom required. The Lightroom versions are in the highlighted area.

Capture.JPG

If you are certain you have the appropriate version of Lightroom installed, then provide more information. Can your operating system browser see the raw files? Have they been downloaded to your hard drive? What operating system are you using? What is the exact version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Sony is the latest A7 Mark 2 and when I "check for updates" it tells me there are none so presumably I have the latest version? DXO has no problems with ARW files and I am using Windows 7 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Lightroom help menu it will indicate what version of Lightroom you have installed. If you are using the creative cloud, it may be necessary for you to sign out of the application manager and sign back in again before you will see the update to Lightroom 5.7.1. That is what I had to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A7II LR came out mid-December as version 5.7.1. However, if you are using the non-Cloud LR there seems to be something wrong with the update detection, and the only way to get it is to download it manually from the Adobe Updates page:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

This is not for the CC version of LR, just the serial-number version. Jim said what to do for the CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received a pop up telling me my pre CC LR5 has an update available, yet the link takes me to Creative Cloud trial download page....you'd think they were trying to force everyone onto CC.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SONY ILCE 7S II (ARW) Lightroom support ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Lightroom 6.2 or Lightroom CC 2015.2 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only purchased Adobe CC a few weeks ago (January 2016) and still Lightroom will not ready my .ARW files coming from a Sony a6000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain what happens, in detail.

Please quote the complete exact unedited word-for-word verbatim error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only purchased Adobe CC a few weeks ago (January 2016) and still Lightroom will not ready my .ARW files coming from a Sony a6000.

If you have CC, you need to install Lightroom CC from the creative cloud app. You're probably still running a much older version of LR 5. Support for A6000 files was added at LR 5.4. You can also update your existing Lightroom to 5.7.1 but that won't actually use your CC subscription fully as that gives you access to LR 6 and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC .. won't work with my Sony DCC RX100 ARW files help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera model has been supported for quite some time. Are you receiving any error messages? What exact version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC & Lightroom Classic CC (subscription)

And I checked that it was all up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DSC-RX100 has been supported for a long time.

However there are several versions of that model: Mark I, II, III, IV and V.

Please confirm exactly which version you have got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC RX100 VI (new) aka DSCRX100M6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the rx100 VI is not yet supported. It is too new. You will have to wait at least until the next version of Lightroom comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See supported cameras here: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 7.1 and still not importing arw files. Any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not importing ARW files from which Sony camera model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dcarnielli  wrote

I have Lightroom 7.1 and still not importing arw files. Any fix?

Same here and I'm using A7R III...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need 7.1 or 7.2 to read A7Riii files. Are you on that version for sure? Check the help menu -> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I have "Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]"  but still doesn't read ARW. CC doesn't let me update and Lightrooms option to check for updates is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jabun45680009  wrote

Yup. I have "Lightroom Classic version: 7.0.1 [ 1142117 ]"  but still doesn't read ARW. CC doesn't let me update and Lightrooms option to check for updates is greyed out.

You need to open the CC DTA and install the LR update from there. (CC DTA is Creative Cloud Desktop App).

All CC apps are installed from that desktop app and not from any Check For Updates link in the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah well that explains it. You need to update. To update, open up the creative cloud app. Make sure you are logged on and check for updates. It should update to 7.2 which will read A7Riii files and has a slew of improvements otherwise too. You can only update from the creative cloud app. Note that there is no such thing as a generic .arw file. Raw conversion apps need to be updated to support every new camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines