• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't recognise my fuji lenses anymore

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Lightroom doesn't recognize my Fuji lenses. Fuji lenses have a built in profile. The lens corrections tab would read that the "built-in lens profile had been applied." Now it reads that it cannot automatically apply a lens profile. So what has happened. 

I never noticed this before, because I didn't check it anymore, it just worked. I automatically apply the settings via an import preset. But not anymore. Lens profiles are not being applied as the differences between my jpgs and raws show me. 

Lightroom doesn't have the profiles, maybe because they are just built in.  Enclosed 2 files (pardon my dutch): the current one and a file from a previous Lightroom version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

I imported your sample .raf into my LR and it behaved normally, with the message "Built-in Lens Profile applied" appearing as expected ("Ingebouwd lensprofiel toegepast").

I think you're tripping over a user-interface bug that has struck other users in the past:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightoom-builtin-lens-profile-applied-doesnt-appear-for-nikon-z-lenses/5f5f46074b561a3d426f4827 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-93-not-preserving-lens-correction-for-files-imported-with-previous-versions/5f5f46274b561a3d42767e7d

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message in the Lens Corrections tab is, "Kan niet automatisch een passend profiel vinden", for which the Google translation is, "Cannot automatically find a suitable profile".

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info.

2. Please upload a sample raw to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.  From that, we can see the specific camera model and test whether this is a general issue with LR or something specific to your LR installation.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the screen print of the system info:

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-02 om 11.06.53.png

And this is the link to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti5bkl1noxddppu/_XT30909.RAF?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One addition: ACR works correctly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported your sample .raf into my LR and it behaved normally, with the message "Built-in Lens Profile applied" appearing as expected ("Ingebouwd lensprofiel toegepast").

I think you're tripping over a user-interface bug that has struck other users in the past:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightoom-builtin-lens-profile-applied... 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-93-not-preserving-l...

LR is actually applying the built-in lens profile but not updating the message.  I see in your screenshot that it says Merk: Geen, Model: Geen, Profiel: Geen (Make: None, Model: None, Profile: None).  Normally, when you import a raw with a built-in lens profile, you see Make, Model, and Profile all set to None temporarily for a fraction of a second, before it finishing applying the built-in profile and displays the message.  But this bug prevents the update of the user interface for Make, Model, and Profile and the display of the message, even though the built-in profile was actually applied.

Try these steps, which worked around the issue for others:

1, In Develop, zoom to 100% and back to Fit. Does the message now appear?

2. Import a fresh .raf (never before imported) without applying your import preset. Does the message now appear?

3. Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your trouble shooting guide. It helped. Zooming in and out worked. But I did a reset on my preferences file. That did also work. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines