Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locate missing photos

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Lightroom seems to have an issue in locating the missing photos. Has anyone noticed this issue with the latest release of Lightroom? (it was working fine about a month ago)

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing photos means that the photos are no longer in the location where Lightroom thinks they should be. This can happen if you change the name of a folder, change the name or drive letter of an external disk, or do something else that changes the 'path' to the images. Here's how to fix that: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I agree that I need to indicate manually the path. But then, there is an option I can tick: "Find nearby missing photos". I have used it for months and it used to retrieve the nearby missing photos within a given date. Now it does not work anymore. I have to create the link for each and every photo, even if it is a "nearby" one, in the same folder, with the same date as the previous photo I manually set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try relinking the folder (which was probably shown as missing in the folder panel), not individual images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom seems to have an issue in locating the missing photos."

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Lightroom does not do any locating of missing photos, this is not a feature of Lightroom — you the human user of Lightroom has to locate them and tell Lightroom where they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines