• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost collections in new version of Lightroom Classic CC

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC (8.0), my collections disappear when in the Library mode. (They return when I switch to Develop, but then they disappear again when I switch back to Library.) I tried Windows > Panels > Collections to no avail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

It turns out that none of the suggestions offered recovered the Collections panel, and the reason it was appearing in the Develop mode and not in the Library mode is this: My Folders panel was expanded to the point that there was no room for another panel! When I contracted the folders, there was Collections panel, patiently waiting for me to discover the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now here's an addendum to my previous post: To try to get my collections to come back to the Library mode, I reverted to the previous version of LR, only to find that they are now gone from that version as well. (Still there when I switch to Develop.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here the saga continues: When I clicked on All Photographs in the Catalog panel, then tried getting the collections back in the Library mode, the collections finally appeared. I will now try to reinstall the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click in an empty space of one of the panel headers. That will give you a contextual menu with the option to toggle the visibility of each panel.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK--thanks! That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that none of the suggestions offered recovered the Collections panel, and the reason it was appearing in the Develop mode and not in the Library mode is this: My Folders panel was expanded to the point that there was no room for another panel! When I contracted the folders, there was Collections panel, patiently waiting for me to discover the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting that there is a limitation to the number of lines that can be displayed in the laft panel?  If so, is it a bug?  I have experienced this after adding a few thousand pictures to a collection right after importing them.  If I collapse the folders, the collections then appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you suggesting that there is a limitation to the number of lines that can be displayed in the laft panel?  If so, is it a bug?  I have experienced this after adding a few thousand pictures to a collection right after importing them.  If I collapse the folders, the collections then appear.

By @PJMc

Please read https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-windows-limit-on-number-of-keywords-f...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my God. After reading all this because it happened to me to, all my collections but one disappeared. After screwing arond and nothing worked, Ijust hit the button next to "collections" for the dropdown, and sorted by name. BINGO!! They they are. Wierd huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...all my collections but one disappeared. After screwing arond and nothing worked, Ijust hit the button next to "collections" for the dropdown, and sorted by name."

You tripped over a new bug introduced into LR 10:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-collections-panel-s... 

The workaround is to expand the Collections panel and restart LR.  Or you can click + and change Sort By, as you discovered.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines