Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost content of Blurb book

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using an iMac OS11.3.1 with Lightroom Adobe Classic 10.2 release. I have made several Blurb books in Lightroom. All sit in my Collections panel and can be opened. Until now.

I recently uploaded a 216 page book (BK1)  for printing and followed up by working on another 190 page related book (BK2).

I tried to open BK1 recently and the original content is MISSING with the number of pages now 192, most are blank with a few containing text and 1 photo from BK2 (?!?). However the original Collection of BK1 photos are still present in the band at the bottom of the page.

How can I retrieve my original BK1 book? Where would it be stored?

Can I retrieve BK1 from an earlier backup and transfer it to the current Lightroom catalogue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Suzanne

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Books are saved as a special book collection. Did you save the book as a book collection, or are you just looking at a regular collection? Here is more information about books. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/create-photo-book.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for your assistance. The book was saved in the book collection with the book ICON. I have also read through the Adobe site you suggested.

After further exploration it would appear that something has gone wrong during the last stages of the upload. Then there has been a total whiteout.

I have checked and discovered that the Blurb book (preview) and PDF (uploaded, ordered and paid for) are OK for 206 pages but then corrupted as the last 10 pages are blanks or missing the photographs with some text.

I still need to find a way to retrieve the book (which consumed 6 months of my time) or face up to a total remake.

Any offers of help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you 'open' a Book by a [double-click] on the 'Saved Book Collection' and pages you have worked on are missing, then the catalog must have suffered some corruption. You may still strike problems if other parts of your catalog are also corrupt (requiring a FULL Catalog Restore)

You can restore a Collection from a Backup Catalog- summarized as:

1) Unzip the backup catalog folder.

2) Open the backup catalog. Check it has a 'working' uncorrupted Book Collection in the Book module.

3) Select (highlight) the one Book Collection,

4) [Right-click] and choose [Export this Collection as a Catalog] .  Call it 'Temporary' or similar.

5) Close the Backup 'Temporary' catalog

6) re-open your master catalog

7) Do MENU: File > [Import from another Catalog] and select the 'Temporary' Catalog exported in 4)

You should then be back to working with the Book Collection.

This method to restore 'partial' from a Catalog is detailed here- RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog? 

It it might be a good idea to occassionally make a Duplicate Book Collection as a precaution in future. A duplicate Book Collection appears as a 'Copy' in the Collection panel. And, of course, make regular Catalog backups!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WOW!
Thanks so much - lots there for me to try.
Regards Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines