Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC stuck syncing images

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since two weeks LR Classic Image result for lightroom preferences sync status

In preferences -> Lightroom sync no sync activities are displayed. On LR exit a windows pops up telling me that sync will stop and continue on next start. What is the reason for this behavior? Any solution or workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi BlueHair,

As I understand you are unable to sync images as the app is stuck syncing 2 images. Please sign-out and sign-in from Lightroom desktop and creative cloud desktop app and check if that fixes the issue. Also, check which two photos is the app syncing in the Lightroom Preferences> Lightroom mobile> Sync activity section and see if that shows an error message.

Image result for lightroom preferences sync status

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BlueHair,

As I understand you are unable to sync images as the app is stuck syncing 2 images. Please sign-out and sign-in from Lightroom desktop and creative cloud desktop app and check if that fixes the issue. Also, check which two photos is the app syncing in the Lightroom Preferences> Lightroom mobile> Sync activity section and see if that shows an error message.

Image result for lightroom preferences sync status

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No pending sync activity is listed, on LR screen left upper corner "sync 2 photos" is displayed.

I followed johnrellis' suggestion and this message disappeared. After two days the the sync 2 photos message was back again. No chance to identify the respective photos, because the pending sync activity list is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely ridiculous. What are you doing Adobe? This is the worse experience of my life dealing with Lightroom desktop and syncing to Mobile. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

The small fancy thing Lightroom it is supposed to do is sync your selected photos with your mobile. Sounds easy enough doesn't it?

Well, as this thread shows and numerous other threads show - good luck with completing that small task without swimming in the depths of forums trying to find out WHY ISN'T IT WORKING? WHY ARE MY IMAGES STUCK SYNCING? Users are wasting the precious time they have to enjoy this planet trying find out what your problem is and ways to troubleshoot it.

Adobe why have you have left us in a complete and utter mess? What did we do you other than pay our monthly subscription and I'm paying for you your apps?

This has been going on for months, the little time I have from working with my images, I have done all the troubleshooting listed here and more it didn't/doesn't work (cost me time though).

For my friends still pulling their hair out, I found this little video Lightroom Mobile Stopped Syncing - Fix - YouTube . You may have luck with this work around. For me instead of stuck syncing 5,818 it is now stuck syncing 88 and there is no indication in preferences if it is stuck syncing any particular image as that dialog is clear and shows nothing going on - up or down.

I wish I was the only person this has happened to, but I am not there are lots of us. And every forum the answers you give aren't working! I've got an idea - WHY DON'T YOU FIX THE SOFTWARE? Julianne Kost said we should really think of Lightroom CC as the early days of Classic which back then affectionally didn't have "the crop tool". I don't feel very affectionate waiting for CC to catch up. I do feel affectionate to my fellow travelers who are feeling the pain and frustration navigating this mine field, my heart weeps with you.

Your move Adobe, what's your suggestion when no work around is working to fix your problem? Remember we are users and not engineers. Make our lives more pleasurable that's what we are paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I tried what you suggested:

1. Open the filter bar, go to the Sync Status pulldown, and choose Syncing.

2. For any files listed there, make some minor change. It could be a rating/flag change, add a
     keyword, or make a minor develop edit.

In step 1 (LR CC) I found two photos.

Step 2 did not help, hence I deleted the photos in LR CC (exported them before delete). The "sync 2 photos" message disappeared in LR Classic CC. After importing the two photos into LR CC again the sync worked well and the error has not occurred again so far.

By the way, the two photos blocking the sync were taken with Lightroom camera on my smartphone, they synced with LR CC but did not sync with LR Classic CC and obviously caused the "sync 2 photos" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% right.  I have LITERALLY NEVER had a sync go without an issue.  It's unusable and pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Akash's suggestions don't help, try going to Preferences > Lightroom Sync, holding down Alt / Opt, and clicking the Rebuild Sync Data button that magically appears.  This should not change your existing synced collections or their contents, just rebuild the existing relationship between LR Classic and LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johnrellis.  That worked perfectly for me.  I had 70 pending notifications with no files attached.  Now all sorted and no problems on any of the synced devices.  FINALLY!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you!!!!  Nothing else has worked for me.  This did the trick FINALLY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked!  Thanks so much for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you johnrellis!!

This worked for me. I've had various numbers of "stuck" photos - most recently 198 for 2 weeks. This Rebuild Sync Data worked. Why, oh, why does something like that need to be hidden??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis thank you so much!! I had one photo freezing the whole update. I Googled it months ago but totally forgot the solution.

Why does this solution feel so hidden? I feel like I need to know a specific knock, handshake and password to fix this issue. Come on Adobe, get on your bike and fix this! There's an error listed but we can't see any details or have any control over the specific file freezing the sync??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this was driving me crazy until I read this post.  Works at last!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000 thanks! They shouldn't hide that rebuild sync data button since it seems such a common failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this issue, had taken multitudes of photos on multiple iOS devices (including friends'),  collected them in iCloud, deleted the ones I didn't want going to LRCC and then synced.  I suspect I did something in this process to delete the eternally syncing photos from the wrong place, as I'm really just getting started with this whole LRCC/Mobile workflow.

What worked for me:

1. Open Preferences > Lightroom Sync in LRCC
  2. In Sync Activity, I could see links to the offending photos.  (I realize this isn't the case for everyone, but it was for me).
  3. Clicking on each link opened a new browser window showing the offending photo in LR Web.
  4. I marked each offending photo (in my case, only 22 photos) as "Rejected".  Note I don't use this flag for anything else in my normal use.
  5. I then went onto an IOS device (iPad in my case), filtered for "Rejected" photos, checked the photo count (it matched the 22 in the Sync Activity pane), selected and deleted them.
  6. I checked the albums these photos were contained in (both LR and SmugMug) and they still appeared correctly.

What a process!  Hope this helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why does this solution feel so hidden? I feel like I need to know a specific knock, handshake and password to fix this issue. Come on Adobe, get on your bike and fix this! There's an error listed but we can't see any details or have any control over the specific file freezing the sync??"

Unfortunately, Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum and won't see your feedback. I suggest you post in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is the Adobe support community, complete with Adobe logo, which is not monitored by Adobe... because???  Not even by a junior employee or intern??  I was puzzling over the many inconsistencies between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom creative cloud and now realise that if you don't monitor the support community then you can remain blissfully unaware... its like a Dilbert cartoon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That information is out of date. (That happens when you post to old threads...)

In August of 2021, Adobe's bug and feature forum (formerly feedback.photoshop.com) merged with this forum and now serves as the single source for official bug, feature, and general peer-to-peer instructions. I would encourage you to explore a little. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another "solution"

After a week of looking for solutions I finally managed to synchronize again. It seems incredible to me that until this new version I had not had major synchronization problems.

No pending sync activity appeared; The option with the Rebuild Sync Data Button that magically appears did not work either.

Then i try to delete from the file explorer (finder) the files that accompany the catalog file: HELPER, PREWIEW and DATA, obviously I made a backup of them just in case... When I reopened the catalog it took years to rebuild those files but it synchronized again without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines