Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic hangs on add folder (from NAS) WIN 10 possible solution

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Been having an issue where LR hangs when adding a folder from my NAS. I import and edit RAW files locally on my SSD, then export everything as JPEG to my NAS, then add them back into LR to keep track of them (don't need the RAW at this point).

Anywho, when I use the Create New Folder > Add folder feature from the Library view, select the folder I want to add, LR hangs while trying to load the image previews before you can click import. From this point only option is to force LR to close.  Tried a bunch of things from Googleing with no luck, however I found a possible workaround.

Possible solution:
I have my NAS folder mapped in Windows as my Y drive. So I tried adding the folder in LR via the network path from my NAS (UNC path I believe)  and it seems so far that LR does not hang when doing that. Successfully added all the folders that I had been unable to add previously.

Not Windows 10 savy enough to know why an UNC path would work over a local path but maybe someone has an explanation for that.

I'm leaving this post here in case there are others who has the same issue and this might be a workaround for them as well.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you let Lr add it automatically while exporting?

You don't need to do it manually, if you need the option to add the exported jpg's back into the catalog

Personally, I never understood why I would add a jpg copy of a developed photo as long as I keep the raw, which is 'mandatory'  ... my 0.02

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines