• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR doesnot open anymore

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens often recently, I can't open LR and a message reads " not posible to open the lR catalog called .... because it is open in another application "; " leave the other copy of LR before any attempt to launch it"; the options are "continue" and it goes back to the same message, or "select another catalog" and if I select an older one (the one before the last LR update) it reads "unexpected error at the opening of the catalog" and nothing opens.

I have everytime great difficulties to make it work again, cleaning , defragment, restarting the PC... And with a little luck it would open again; thank you for your help.

Capture d’écran 2020-11-25 125953.png

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved to a better forum, LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the folder where the catalog is located. There should be a file whose name ends with .LOCK (might be lower case .lock) and delete this one file. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted such a file. Did not help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, after I delete the 'lock'file also in the trashfolder, LRC has start uopagain!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems, just now. Schermafbeelding 2020-11-25 om 16.22.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true that deleting this .lock file worked, but this time it didn't.

And just now something different : a message saying "update to V.10" I clicked Ok, LR opened but without my catalog (about 35000 pictures...), and it says "import" but what should I import ? The original pictures, the previous catalog digital pictures 2...2.Ircat or this new one 2...2-v10.ircat ? I don't want to make any mistake, I have modified thousand of pics and created  many books within LR ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I solved my problem this way; as nothing worked I tried another update to the new v.10 version of LR; it created a v.10-2.Ircat catalog which worked well, so I erased the previous v.10.Ircat; probably something went wrong during the first update. Phew ! back to this good'ol LR... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have found that when AppleMusic is running on my Mac (I listen to music the whole day), I can't launch LrC.
Don't ask me why. It is under investigation at Adobe at the moment. I willsend Adobe your solution. THANKS for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines