• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr/Instagram no longer works properly

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run my Lightroom Classic 10.0 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7, my computer is Mac Mini (late 2012). Since I updated the macOS to Catalina the plug-in LR/Instagram has stopped working properly, giving a message "error: 127" when I attempt to upload images. I also initially got a message on "curl" program being incompatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Unfortunately, the LR/Instagram plugin hasn't been working properly for over a year.  It's web page says (in the Download section):

"Service Note: Instagram has updated their protocol and currently plugin does not work.
We are investigating the issue and the plugin will be updated when a fix is available."

Last year Facebook (which owns Instagram) disallowed desktop apps from uploading images to Facebook, and a little bit later LR/Instagram started flaking out. The LR/Instagram developer stru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR/Instagram plug-in isn’t made by Adobe, so this might not be the best place to figure out what’s wrong. And the plug-in is probably tricky to maintain since Instagram does not help anyone with desktop uploads (Instagram wants all uploads to be from mobile devices). To get help with the plug-in, you should contact the plug-in developer.

If you go to the LR/Instagram plug-in web site, there is troubleshooting information at the bottom of their home page. Although the error you mentioned doesn’t seem to be listed among the other errors covered there, they do encourage you to contact them through the email address they provide there.

While you’re there you should verify that the version you have is the version they list on the Download section of their home page, in case updating your plug-in fixes the problem. But it might be surprising if it worked at all, since their download section has a warning that says “Service Note: Instagram has updated their protocol and currently plugin does not work.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some (unspecified) third party plug-ins may not work in LrC v10. 

In the above link, the plug-in provided, is it newer than what you have?

P.S. bring up the plug-in manager in LrC, look at each plugIn, click on each, watching for any notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the LR/Instagram plugin hasn't been working properly for over a year.  It's web page says (in the Download section):

"Service Note: Instagram has updated their protocol and currently plugin does not work.
We are investigating the issue and the plugin will be updated when a fix is available."

Last year Facebook (which owns Instagram) disallowed desktop apps from uploading images to Facebook, and a little bit later LR/Instagram started flaking out. The LR/Instagram developer struggled to update the plugin to the new (undocumented) protocol, and it looks like he's given up.  

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem which began when I upgraded to the Catalina operating system a week ago.

Up until then the publishing plugin has been working fine just the hashtag/comment feature was unavailable.

has anyone been able to publish with Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines