• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR/Instagram plugin params load error while trying to publish a photo

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been getting params load error when I try to publish a photo with lr/instagram plugin. This plugin worked fine few days ago but now it doesn't. I tried removing the plugin but it doesn't work. Someone please help me fix this I'm desperate.

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook has recently blocked uploads from desktop applications. Only mobile apps can now give the necessary handshake during data transfer. I assume that this also affects Instagram which is part of Facebook.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/facebook-publish-service-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked 2 days ago and I can still upload with chrome instagram extension so I'm not sure if that's the problem. If anyone else is using lr/instagram please let me know if you're getting the same error or is it just me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has temporarly activate the sharing to Facebook on August 19th. It's possible ii is blocked again in the meantime.

Here you'll find more infos about: Sharing to Facebook from Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC Discontinued | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Tr...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Facebook publish service collections have been temporarily re-activated to enable the contents to be transferred to regular collections. It does not enable upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i've got same issue.. So for now there is no more Option to post from Notebook directly to Instagram? Cause if so, Instagram will become more and more uninteresting for photographers, or  do you like to release all your pics to your mobile first before you can post them on IG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For how long have you been getting this error? I guess we're stuck like this until lr/instagram releases update. There's more ways to post to instagram from pc and I've tested them all and this lightroom plugin was definitely the best since there was almost no compression on photos. If you post photos from phone instagram compresses them badly. The second to best way to post from pc is with gramblr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Gramblr still works? Actually i post my pics via Chrome in Mobile-Develop-View. But its a bit grumpy way.

The errior in the LR/Instagram Plugin i noticed firt today cause my last upload was on june.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tested gramblr today and it works. I've posted with chrome too and I can see that lr plugin and gramblr give better results when it comes to quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, than i will test gramblr later this day, hopefully the plugin still comes back to work, it was so nice for my workaround i got since i‘ve got my Dell XPS 15 9570.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now a new version available:

Version 0.6.1574

Fixed encoding issue on Windows which caused "params_load_error" error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man, tried it now and im happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version fixed my problems too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with uploads failing but in my case the error reported is, "http status 408 ? (1)".  Download latest plugin, deleted and then reactivated the publishing service and successfully uploaded an image yesterday, but today - no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stopped working for me today as well with the "http status 408 ? (1)" with the latest version 0.6.1582. This is very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I removed the old plugin. downloaded the new version

0.6.1582, activated the Instagram link to account OK and received this error "http status 408 ? (1)". Annoying because I just paid the fee for the plug-in assuming it was something to do with the plugin being a trial or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following reply from LR/Instagram support.  "I'm receiving quite a lot of user reports of HTTP error 408, which means a request timed out.  Currently I have no idea why it is happening ....  It could be a problem with Instagram's servers, in that case there is very little I can do."  Since support said it was a "request timed out" problem I decided to change absolutely nothing other than to attempt to publish later in the day.  It worked!  Tried it the next morning and got the same error; waited until the afternoon and, again, it worked. Seems to confirm support's suggestion the the Instagram servers are the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long-term paid up user and I tried everything before uninstall and reload the latest version. Result  http status 408
I'll wait a few days in the hope Instagram sorts it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I read on another thread that the plugin author has been making some updates. I would check back regularly for that and notify him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to post later on in the day. I tried with the same image again and it failed then tried another image and it was ok. I then shortened the caption field and I managed to post successfully. I have noticed on a couple of occasions in the past that some characters are not permitted in the caption field. I would look for any characters that might be interpreted in a special way and delete those, but I have never been able to narrow it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. All rather inconsistent. Tried different ISPs and a VPN. Not sure if it made any difference.

It does sometimes work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the 408 error message on and off for a couple of weeks. Now it's become more persistent and is a negative impact on my workflow. If the info about Facebook restricting desktop access is correct, this could be related to FB's more restrictive security controls overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The author of LR/Instagram has posted an update for the program that addresses protocol changes made by Instagram. Download here -- LR/Instagram - Lightroom Publish Plugin for Instagram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for heads up. The latest update did the trick. Lightroom again uploading to Instagram!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome. In its own way LR/Lightroom has become a workflow essential. Good to have it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines