• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR is not reading NRW raw files.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR version 2015.14 with all the updates complete up to date. Recently I tried to import raw files created by the Nikon Coolpix P1000 camera and LR failed to import and open the raw files.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Cameras currently supported by Lightroom/Camera Raw are listed on this page Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You'll note that the Nikon Coolpix P1000 is not listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras currently supported by Lightroom/Camera Raw are listed on this page Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You'll note that the Nikon Coolpix P1000 is not listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ian for your quick response. Do you know if LR will update the camera support list anytime soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Ian said. Support for P1000 Raw files will probably come in the next update for Lightroom 7 (subscription only).

In the meantime, use your Nikon software to open the files, save them as TIFFs and import the TIFFs into Lightroom.

I have LR version 2015.14 with all the updates complete up to date.

I assume you're a Lightroom Classic CC subscriber.

Although 2015.14 is the most up-to-date version of CC 2015, 2015.14 is actually an old version which was superseded by version 7 in October 2017. The current version is Classic CC 7.5.

Updates to Lightroom for newer cameras such as yours will only be for version 7.6 onwards. So you'll first have to upgrade to version 7 via the Cloud desktop app before you can install the update (when released) and get P1000 support.

You can upgrade to 7.5 right now at no extra cost to your membership. Upgrades and updates are all included in your membership fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John. This is helpful. Yes, I'm an LR classic cc subscriber. How do I upgrade my current version to V7.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.6 is not yet available. The current version is 7.5.

Use your Adobe Cloud desktop app. You should see a Cloud icon located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS). Click that and click on the Apps tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already have the version v7.5, just not the desktop version. So I just have to wait for the next update to see my new camera is on the camera raw support list. Hopefully, this will happen soon. I was told that LR 2018 is already supporting the newly released cameras. Not sure if this is true. Anyway, for now, I understand my dilemma and just have to wait for the next update. Hopefully, that will resolve my issue.

Thank you so much, John, for answering and explaining my question thoroughly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already have the version v7.5, just not the desktop version.

I'm not clear on what you mean. 7.5 is the desktop version. You said earlier that you're running CC 2015.14.

jeanl62407163I was told that LR 2018 is already supporting the newly released cameras. Not sure if this is true.

Lightroom currently supports all the cameras listed in the link provided by Ian above. Yours is not yet listed. Hope the P1000 will be supported in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh.. sorry for the confusion. the cc2015.14 was an older version that I purchased before I joined the subscription. I just kept using the older version because I was comfortable using it. Just didn't bother with the newer version as it looked different. Maybe I should start

using the V7.5LR CC v7.5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I should start using the V7.5

When support is eventually added for your P1000 Raw files, it'll be for version 7.6.

So you'll have to be using version 7 to get the update. There will be no update for CC 2015.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure. Now that I learned the valuable lesson. Looking forward to the next update so the P1000 raw file is supported. Again, thank you so much for your support, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in the posts that the Nikon P1000 is not supported.  Is there any update on the timetable?  It is now approaching mid October.  I want to be able to work on my pics on LR & PS on my desktop and my laptop without having to go through additional software and extra files (.tiff).  I have been a longstanding PS and LR customer.  In the past, I bought every version and am now on the subscription.  Please update soon Adobe.

I also hope  you update what you broke in DxO Optics Pro 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suspect that an update is imminent. The free DNG converter has already been updated to version 11, and it DOES support the camera. Until Lightroom is updated, you could download the DNG converter and create DNG copies that could be used in the current version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But at you list is P 950 listed, but with a wrong extention NRF, but the extention is NRW? 

best regards

Casper Johnsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual Adobe demands more money to import from your new camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not "demand" anything, but if you buy a new camera you should expect to need 'new' software to support it when the camera manufacturers insist on changing the raw file formats.

And Adobe offer a FREE method to use your new camera raw files. I call that "generous"!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe offers the free DNG converter for those who don't want to pay to upgrade software. It is updated regularly - usually around the same time as Camera Raw - with new camera models, at no cost to end users.

Bear in mind that camera manufacturers could include a DNG option in their cameras and save us all this angst about updating software to open proprietary Raw files from new cameras. But they've decided not to.

So Adobe updates the DNG converter - for free - to allow users to keep their old software and still edit their photos from their new cameras. They've chosen not to charge for it to date. I'm grateful for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines