• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR5 Library to Classic

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I migrate to LR5 library to LR Classic?   I've backed it up on an external drive from my old Mac but I can't open it on my new Mac.   It asks for a serial number which I don't have.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does not have a serial number. After you install LrC it will find the catalog you have been using with Lightroom 5 and will prompt you to upgrade it. You should allow this to happen because it is necessary. The upgrade process will create a completely new copy of the catalog. That new copy will have the same name as the old one, but will have a 10 appended to the name. It will be the catalog that LrC will use, and should start right where you were working previously.

LrC functions solely using your Adobe ID and password, verifying that your membership is paid current. I leave the creative cloud application manager active and remain signed in to it at all times. Personally, I think that is the best and most reliable way to work with LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I migrate to LR5 library to LR Classic?   I've backed it up on an external drive from my old Mac but I can't open it on my new Mac.   It asks for a serial number which I don't have.  

By @Denise6C2C

If you install Lr Classic, you shouldn't need to install and open LR 5 on your new computer. It will open the catalog file (and convert it to LrC).

Also, for future reference, you need to keep track of your serial numbers (of all software, not just Lightroom) better ... don't let it happen that you can't find serial numbers. I keep them in a text file which I store in "the cloud".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines