• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR5 Trial - Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction not working.

Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed LR5 final and upgraded my LR4 catalog. Output Sharpening does nothing when exporting. noise reduction doesn't work also, exportet jpej look awful. is this a trial limitation maybe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

This has been fixed in the Release Candidate of Lightroom 5.2, available now at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the main thing for me too. It seems they've all been moved to the

CC project. There's not a team meeting for another month. Then they'll take

a vote the next month. Then it will be close to the 5.1 date. so they will

wait.

Then this will be a perfect example of why everyone should move to CC. To

avoid this situation.

[email signature removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the-ninth7 wrote:

within a week or so ...

There is no indication that Adobe will not be issuing a hotfix for this. but a week is a little much to ask of a big, bureaucratic, red-tape wrapped outfit like Adobe.

To paraphrase V. Bampton:

"Lr is steered more like an ocean liner than a kayak".

That said, even the Queen Mary can be turned if you crank on her wheel for long enough.

Fingers crossed for a fix before 5.1, it's been 2 week since release, maybe within another week or so... .

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that Microsoft Word bug where the documents wouldn't save the

letter T. oh wait no I don't

[email signature removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but at this point it is clear there will be no hotfix.

It is called just a fix and accrding to one Adobe employee (written in a post past Sunday?) this is coming ASAP, which again means absolutely nothing. No date = no promise. That I already knew myself that they are working on it.

I, like many of you, have also used LR since beginning. Yes, there have been bugs with early releases but I can't remember something seriously blocking for the essential - develop and sharing (export).

The beta for the current version was working for me, I didn't think twice to start using the full version.

What a mistake, no hotfix, no fix, already 2.5 weeks since the release.

I know this is not an encourageing message, but what the hell is going on???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IvarSt wrote:

I'm sorry but at this point it is clear there will be no hotfix.

You really don't know that, do you? And since some people read this forum looking for answers (admittedly, they should have a big chunk of salt handy while reading), consider not spreading rumors.

IvarSt wrote:

accrding to one Adobe employee (written in a post past Sunday?) this is coming ASAP

If you are talking about the post by Dave Merchant, he's not an Adobe Employee.

Eric Chan of Adobe said (paraphrased) "we'll fix it". - right: totally non-commital on the time frame:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr5_trial_output_sharpening_and_noise_reductio...

My guess: Adobe will release a hotfix, but they want to get a few things in, not just lo-rez sharpening/nr - just a guess.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,

I think you misunderstood - by hotfix I meant quick reaction to critical issues.

Seems though the patch will include less critical too in one package and this is why it takes so long.

Yes, there is no clear line for hot vs. non-hot, though in my oipinion it has crossed the line for being a hotfix (critical issues identified since the day 1 and fixed right after - not like more than half a month later).

To be constructive - my issue is related to (seemingly) missing prioritisation.

Best wishes,

Ivar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IvarSt wrote:

I think you misunderstood

Yes I did - sorry. I thought you meant pre-5.1 (before normal release cycle timing) .

I got your point now: after 2 weeks it can be considered "not that hot any more".

Cheers,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Rob, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"" Eric Chan (Customer) 38 minutes ago

Rob, at present it looks like it will probably be "weeks".  That's not  the answer I want to give, and I'm not sure if it helps you, but there  it is.  :-(""
Bob this is Eric's post in the Photoshop Family Forum a short while ago.
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha. weeks can mean 7 months.

[ email signature removed by forum moderator - please stop posting to this forum with your signature attached ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least we rot a response that lets us know where we stand.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It let's us know where WE stand. $

[ email signature removed by forum moderator - please stop posting to this forum with your signature attached ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a static bug rather than a compatibility issue, so it affects everyone. I would expect it to be addressed in the next automatic update but I'm not confirming that it will be. Engineering don't publish changesets in advance, as things evolve on an almost daily basis. Since this particular bug is preventing many people from switching to Lr5, Adobe of course will be fixing it 'as soon as possible'. Does that mean tomorrow or next week? Can't say. Is it annoying for people affected? Sure it is.

Lr5  users will get auto-updated; people who are sticking with Lr4 until it's resolved will hopefully notice a wave of blog posts, forum messages and tweets. Either way, when we know, you'll know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody confirm for me exactly when (under what conditions) the problem happens, and exactly when it doesn't?

@now, PreviewExporter can be used to export/publish lo-rez copies, sharpened and noise-reduced, but I'm hoping to add the option to automatically do a regular export when the problem won't occur, and auto-switch to a preview export in case the problem would otherwise occur.

That way we can just insert the export-filter, check the "Lr 5.0 auto-work-around" box, and forget - problem pretty-much solved (for those of us brave enough to use the plugin I mean).

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a great guy! If the export size is smaller than 1/3 the original size,

noise reduction is not applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So at exactly 1/3, no problem?

And do you mean 1/3 total area (i.e. width x height), or 1/3 long edge, or...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dumdidum.. still waiting.. i think we can agree to call it a slowfix now?

and well... i doubt there will be a fix before the regular point release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hamada2003 wrote:

dumdidum.. still waiting.. i think we can agree to call it a slowfix now?

and well... i doubt there will be a fix before the regular point release.

I certainly guessed wrong about this one - disturbing really...

My workaround works fine for most exports (those that don't spawn additional exports from within). For example, web plugins which export 2 or 3 copies per "export", may not be fixable using the plugin.

Hard to fathom why Adobe did not see their way to quickly roll out a proper solution.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEWARE: There is a bug in the latest version of ImageMagick's mogrify (6.8.6) - images are coming out untagged, so export as sRGB unless you have an older version (6.7.3 is ok).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed in the Release Candidate of Lightroom 5.2, available now at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines