• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 10.1.1 on iMac BigSur 11.2 update

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my iMac earlier today and decided to also revert to LrC 10.1.1.
A couple weeks ago I had with this version and display problems zooming in the Library Module and Develop Module. Also some issues with applying a crop.
It's only been about a half hour ago when I did some testing and it appears that there has been an improvement, will continue to test and post again a bit later.
Any one else testing the BigSur update?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically what display problems? 

There are some on Big Sur reporting a known bug where zooming in Library module can show a different preview in terms of color and saturation depending on the zoom ratio. Adobe is aware of this and working on the fix. Further, the only accurate way to view color and tone  is in Develop module, at 1:1 or greater. I do not believe the bug affects Develop. I can't see this issue on my end running Big Sur in either module but indeed, there are users who do see this in Library. A fix is coming. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is the problems I was experiencing, now with the BigSur I am no longer experiencing the problem.

On my system it was my feeling that the issue was GPU related update. I was also experiencing the problem in the Library module. After the update it appeared that LrC was updating the Preview, just an observation.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while ago I was trying to update my earlier post but I got interrupted by an overseas call from a relative in Canada, which took close to an hour.

The zoom display problem was also evident in the Develop Module.

Also, I experienced problems in the Develop Module while attempting to utilize the crop feature which was causing the system to "hang" for a minute or two to complete a simple edit. Other features I did not check and eventually I reverted my system from LrC 10.1.1 to 10.0 after which things reverted to more stable functions.

The only thing I did after that is to delete and rebuild standard previews. Now that I have upgraded to macOS BigSur 11.2 these problems have gone away.

Just my recollection and thoughts.

At the time I reported my prior problems in the Feedback Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I need to make an update here, after doing some further checks the problems I was experiencing with doing crops in the Develop Module is working as I would expect. The zoom in and to 100% is matching with the fit in the display, and the crop issues are also ok.

While in the Library Module the fit mode the display closely matches the display in the Develop Module the 100% zoom display displays with a slightly muted or reduced contrast. See the screen capture. Left is Library fit, the center is Develop fit and the right is Develop 100%.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 7.55.55 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines