• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 9.3, Export: LR and User Presets are greyed out.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 5.33.57 PM.png

Two Lightroom export Presets are greyed out, and I'm unable to select or deselect either of them.  The Shutterstock export User Present is greyed out, and I canot select or deselect it. (See screenshot.)

If I select Facebook, for example, it will let me export, but I have only the Batch Export option, (see screen shot), which seems like LrC thinks "Burn Full-Sized JPEGs," "For Email," and Shutterstock Export" should always be selected.  If I select Batch Export (my only choice), only one file is exported--not four.

Thanks in advance!  🙂

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 5.37.17 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

TBMK = To the Best of My Knowledge.

Don't 'Click' by placing a checkmark in any box! (unless you are batching several Presets- where allowed)

Just 'Click' on the Preset NAME only!

[Burn full-sized JPEGs] is for 'Burning' to a CD or DVD!-  In the top [Export To..] box set the destination to [Hard-Drive] then define your folder, etc in the Export dialog.

'Add' your own Presets to the User group. (I have never used the default 'Lightroom Presets'!)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleated, was confusing Develop Presets with Export Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK- The 'Greyed out' Presets are ones that cannot be 'Batched'. That means you cannot select them together with other Presets at the same time. But you can still use them 'independently'.

Do NOT place a check mark in a Preset box unless you are choosing multiple (allowed) Presets for a Batch Export. The Checkmark prevents the export options from being editied (greyed out). (Changes in the v9.3 update!)

If you are only using ONE Preset just click on the Name of the Preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wobert,

Forgive me—I don't know what TBMK means.  🙂

My problem is that I cannot "use them 'independently.'" The greyed-out ones seen in the screen shots are unclickable.  It's as if LrC has the three grey  ones permanently selected.  I can't uncheck OR check them.  They're grey and grey only, not changeable.

For instance, I need to export a Full-Sized JPEG, but can't.  Nothing I do will allow me to select the Burn Full-Sized JPEGs.

This is the case since upgrading to 9.3.  All of my Lightroom Presets and User Presets were working fine prior to the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK = To the Best of My Knowledge.

Don't 'Click' by placing a checkmark in any box! (unless you are batching several Presets- where allowed)

Just 'Click' on the Preset NAME only!

[Burn full-sized JPEGs] is for 'Burning' to a CD or DVD!-  In the top [Export To..] box set the destination to [Hard-Drive] then define your folder, etc in the Export dialog.

'Add' your own Presets to the User group. (I have never used the default 'Lightroom Presets'!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whaaaaaaat!  How could it be that easy?  I used to check the boxes!  And now?  Not unless doing a batch export.  Just check the name.  OK!  Thank you very, very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI:

Batch Multiple Presets was introduced in Classic v9.0 (Read in the Blog)

Export with Multiple Presets   https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2019/11/updates-to-lightroom-classic-v9.html

Modifications were added in v9.3

Multi-Preset Batch Export   https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/06/lightroom-classic-v9-3-raw-defaults-tone-curve-local-hue-editi...

You are not the first to be confused when a preset is 'ticked' in the Checkbox. This point was often not mentioned in help files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your extra help, and providing links.  Much appreciated.  I skipped a release or two, and need to catch up!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines