• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC and internet freezing up

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been noticing a slow down of LrC and Internet over the last several months. Did the new update for LrC last night, and now LrC is freezing up  like crazy. Literally took 2.5 hours to process 10 pictures. I have a 2015 IMac, i5 quad-core, 8gb ram, 1T hard drive, and use a 16T external hard drive. Can someone please give me some suggestions to fix the issue, weather it be with LrC or the IMac in general. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC on a PC freezes, then crashes and won't let me start it with my catalog. Three times, rebooting the computer allowed it start up normally. Today it won't let me start with my catalog after a reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@architravel - Search your hard drive for .lrcat. That will find your catalog file(s). If you see a file in there .lock. Delete the .lock file only. That will allow LrC to start ok. The .lock file is created when LrC starts up to keep any other application from accessing the .lrcat file. When your computer is turned off without closing LrC in the normal fashion, the .lock file gets left.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the lock file delete took care of the reloading problem.

My PC is an I7 HP Envy with an NVIDIA GPU that meets the minimum 2GB requirement for LR Classic but is 6 years old. I unchecked the Preferences/Performance/Limit video cache size which was set at 3GB and doubled the Camera Raw Cache Setting to 50GB.

It seems to be flying again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice, however, it has not worked on the slowness of
LrC.
Could it be something in the ... -v10.lrcat conflicting with the other
version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My catalog is over 80,000 and I work with 23mp images on a 27" monitor plugged into the 6-year-old laptop. I have old, new and extra files in the LR folder and have the old LR standalone program somewhere as well.

It's working better now than it has since I gave up the standalone program and got LrC. I think the cache limits may have been the problem. I also have a tendancy to make mistakes and switch views a lot. But I can do that now without a problem. Check Edit/Preferences/Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines