• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC CC latest version does not syncronize .jpg

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my .jpgs in the same folder as the tifs they are coming from all desorganized. I did import and organize them all in LC Classic and they got into the new correct folders in the finder but they do not appear in LRC CC. I just have the tifs but not the jpgs that are contained in the same folder. I tried syncronizing those foldeers and no luck... first time this happens to me in decades... Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "LRC CC.".  Adobe does not use the "CC" in any software names now.

If you are asking about Lightroom-Classic:

If I remember correctly- Lightroom-Classic may consider the TIFFs to be like raw images, and depending on your preferences LrC may be treating the JPGs (if named the same) as 'sidecar' files.

Check your General Preferences and check this option has a tick-

ScreenShot026.jpg

Then re-start Lightroom and try the Folder synchronize again.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC.

Yes, LR Classic 10.2

It was as you said. The question is why now? suddenly? It's been ticked for years.

And which is worse, now each time I synchronize my folders to get the jpgs, it starts but gets stuck at importing or loading images and I have to force to quit LR Classic. Once restarted they appear but same process will occur again when synchronizing next folder. Very inconvinient...

What could have happened with my LR Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  may be better to use the Import dialog with the 'Add' option (not folder synchronize) to bring those errant JPGs into the Cataog.

The Folder Synchronize method to add extra files in folders, in my experience, always takes much longer than 'Import'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for beeing there WolbertC!!

That would have been a good idea if only I knew which ones are missing to import in a catalog of 200.000 pictures... That's why I use (and I guess why exists) synchronize. I saw I was missing some, but I don'tt know how many are missing at this point... its a real problem.  

Anyhow, I discovered the issue myself and maybe you can tell me how to let Adobe know so they can fix it.

Its a bug in the spanish version. English version does a slow (as you said) job but it finishes it importing and loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use the Import dialog to 'include sub-folders', so start with a 'Parent' folder, use the [Add] option.

This should show all JPGs to Import in their location folders . (You can also filter and sort the view of  files to import in the window.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines