Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Missing Adobe color profiles in Develop module

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing default Adobe profiles in Develop module, that is Adobe Color, Landscape, Portrait, Monochrome, ...I have 10.1 version installed and using MASTER-CATALOG-v10.lrcat as catalog. I am only seeing Artistic and Monochrome choices and not seeing any display of Treatment in the Basic "panel".

Historically I had previous installations of CC applications, but had to reinstall Creative Cloud from scratch, after it reported an error. So, I don't know if there is some residue for previous installations.

Any help would be appreciated. Very frustrating! Thanks,

Rick

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020
Is this photo a JPG?

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this photo a JPG?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I had a JPEG open. I guess I didn't make the connection that profile choices that appeared were format dependent. I will try with some other raw files to see if things are different. Perhaps the standard Adobe options might still be displayed, but dimmed, to indicate they are not available? Thanks!

-Rick

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The main reason behind working with the Raw data from the camera is the ability to select the specific profile to render the data to a usable image file. Jpg images are already a rendered image with a profile applied, you need to use other tools available to change white balance, tint and other color corrections.

Retaining your raw files allow you to begin the process from the beginning with new technology and profiles. I have my raw files that were captured in mid 2004 to this time.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines