• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Lightroom Photos on Re-Install

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 10 month old MacBook Pro crashed and had to have a new logic board install.  The Time Machine external backup disc was corrupted in the process so I'm starting over....   I downloaded Lightroom Classic from Creative Cloud but somewhere in the process I screwed it up.  My last catalog backup appears to be the upgrade and now I can't find the earlier backups.  When I plug in the external hard drive where the photos are located (25,000+) almost 8,000 are "missing".  I've tried following online instructions to get them to relink photos and the photos in that folder simply disappear? 

Can anyone help - I need to "find" the 7,944 photos shown in this screenshot?  They vary across folders and I was hoping to find all of them at once?  Thanks for any suggestions!

Cheers -- Jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First - try clicking on the exclamation point on any of the images in the grid. Upload a screen shot of your previous location. If these images were previously located on your internal hard drive and you do not have a viable backup of your hard drive via Time Machine or other backup (sorry to say this) these images will be gone for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I've tried following online instructions to get them to relink photos and the photos in that folder simply disappear? 

There is a possibility that these photos are now showing up in their new location, so look through the hierarchy on the left side of your screen to see if they are somewhere else, or search for them in the all photographs collection using their filename and see if they are simply now somewhere else in the hierarchy inside Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Part 2 probably what you want to accomplish.

Have you asked this question as a different member? Sure looks identical to another, same or similar screenshot, showing collections, not Folders (where indication of fouled up folder would be noted)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines