Exit

NEF Nikon Z7II

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe ein kleines Problem 😞

Ich habe mir eine Nikon Z7ii gekauft. Mein Lightroom Classic kann die NEF-Dateien nicht öffnen.

Lt. Creativ Cloud sind alle Programme auf dem neusten Stand. Lightroom Classic Version 9.3.

Nun lese ich immer wieder, dass ich min. 10.1 benötige. Wie komme ich an aktuelle Versionen, obwohl mir die Cloud keine Updates anbietet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Yeah that is not the latest version. It should be 10.3. 10.0 does not support nefs from the Z7 II. Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Classic using the creative cloud app? Browse to All Apps, find Lightroom CLassic, and click on the ellipsis (the three dots on the right). That should theoretically install the very latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close LrC, PS, etc.

In the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, sign out, then sign back in. Watch for any error messages. See if signing out, the signing in helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already logged out of adobe creativ cloud and logged back in. Restarted the notebook. No error messages occurred.

I am surprised that it is such an old LrC version.

However, according to the cloud I have Camera Raw 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what computer do you have? What OS? How much RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple Macbook pro. 

macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3

RAM 32 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Z 7ii is not supported under Lightroom Classic 9.3 (which is not the most up-to-date version)

Please update your Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest version, then you should be able to update your LrC. https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the information. I will try it later. I always thought that the cloud updates itself automatically. But it's worth a try :-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you have to make sure to first update the creative cloud app. If it doesn't update itself, download it manually and install. Log out of creative cloud, reboot, log back in. Check for updates in the updates section. Your computer should be able tupport 10.3 for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll try it :-))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an employee has now sent me version 10. he said it was the latest. i now get version 10.0 displayed in the cloud, not more. i have no chance to import my nef files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two people have suggested you update your Creative Cloud application (and I gave you the link to do the update). Have you done that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the cloud.
only then did i speak with an adobe representative.
he then sent me a link to install LrC 10 and told me it was the latest 😞
would it be possible that you show me step by step when i have to do what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two levels you can try. One is to go to https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc log in and download creative cloud. Run the installer, reboot, log on to the creative cloud app and see if it makes a difference. Explicitly refresh the updates by clicking on the ellpsis in the updates tab in creative cloud app.  

If that still doesn't give you an update to Lightroom Classic to 10.3, what you want to do is run Adobe's creative cloud cleaner app: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

And just wipe everything Adobe (only do this if you only have Creative Cloud and Classic installed or only classic and a few things you can easily reinstall). 

Then go the first link and reinstall creative cloud. Then install Lightroom Classic through the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the cloud.

Just to be 100% clear, you are not referring uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom Classic. You are referring to uninstalling the Adobe Creative Cloud application, and then installing the current version of the Adobe Creative Cloud application (from the link I gave)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the support :-))
Now i can open the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that is not the latest version. It should be 10.3. 10.0 does not support nefs from the Z7 II. Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Classic using the creative cloud app? Browse to All Apps, find Lightroom CLassic, and click on the ellipsis (the three dots on the right). That should theoretically install the very latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines