• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New PC: How to deactivate Lightroom serial number on the lost PC?

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a new PC and every time I start the fresh installed lightroom (Version 6) theres a note that lightroom has to be deactivated on the old PC. But I cannot do it. I dont have access to old one.

What posibilities have I?

I still logged in to my Adobe Account and try to release my installation but without success.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Best regards

Malte

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

It is no longer possible for you to do that online by yourself. You need to contact Adobe support via chat or telephone.

Make sure you have your serial number. If you can login to your account you could recover it from there. Adobe support can deactivate for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no longer possible for you to do that online by yourself. You need to contact Adobe support via chat or telephone.

Make sure you have your serial number. If you can login to your account you could recover it from there. Adobe support can deactivate for you.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you fast reply!!

Thats great. Have a nice sunday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please let me chime in with a question: same situation, I do have a serial number but for some reason it is not linked to my account while it has been activated by me. Adobe will not let me call/chat until this product shows on my account which is currently does not. Cannot deactivate from old computer as it is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new correct answer to de-activate a Lr6 installation is here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-6-serial-number-maximum-allow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines