• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon 7z ii Not Supported

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much to my dissapointment and frustrations of loosing hours of shooting,  Lightroom is not supporting the Nikon 7z ii.  I cannot tether due to the camera not being recongized on both Mac and PC (I use them both).  All of my other cameras work fine and Camera Raw is up to date.

Please add the Nikon 7z ii to the supported camera list. 

Thank you,

Barry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe here in this forum, we are other Lightroom Classic users, and we can't add the Nikon Z 7II to any lists.

I'm 100% sure that this camera will be supported for tethering at some future time, that seems to be a very clear pattern that Lightroom Classic supports tethering for Nikon cameras eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is precisely where the Adobe Tech Support reprsentative instructed to post my comment.  Though I made a copy paste error.  The camera is a Nikon z7 ii.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And despite that statement from Adobe Tech Support, we can't help you in this forum.

Maybe he meant you should post your request at https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

But we can't help you in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually want to post this on https://feedback.photoshop.com . That is a forum where Adobe engineers look for feature suggestions and bug reports. This forum is where other users like us help people figure the program out. There are not really any Adobe engineers here, just other users and we don't know much about Adobe's plan. That said, tethering support for this camera depends on Nikon releasing an update to their tethering SDK in time for an update to Lightroom. Adobe just uses that SDK directly and so tethering support often takes a bit of time. Longer than actual camera support for the raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nikon did not add the 7z2 and 6z2 to their SDK until Dec 2020.

I would expect the Feb-Mar 2021 release of LR to use the updated Nikon SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines