• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no option to click Don't Import Suspected Duplicates;.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am importing one LR catalog to the other and have got lots of dupliucates. When I google, I know I should click "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates" in File Handling.

However, my Lightroom Classic installd recenly does not appear to have this option. Is there any one who can help?

Many thanks!

Jimmy

Untitled.png

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

[Included attached image inline with text.Deleted attachment. Mod JSM]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is in the Import Dialog. 

But I do not think the duplicates will be included as they already exist in the catalog you are Importing To.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I tried to sync some photos by moving them to collections in my primary computer. They are some kind of synchronized in another computer because I can see the same number of photos in collection folder there but all the photos greyed out so I cannot do any editing there. 

Could you help?

Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That option is in the import dialog for importing images, not importing a catalog. Look at the 'Changed Existing Photos' options. That is how Lightroom handles duplicates when importing catalogs. If an image has not been changed, then Lightroom won't do anything with it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines