Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No preset noise reduction and sharpning

Participant ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thing is driving me insane...

1 or 2 years ago I could click alt and a button to make sure that all new imported photos would be imported with no sharpning or noise reduction applied.

Since Adobe decided to change that and use presets, for whatever reason, this has been creating me several issues where from time to time the sharpning goes back to 40 and noise reduction to (I think) 25. LR sharpning and noise reduction are (for me) worthless and horrible, and I think it is up to me to decide if I want to use it or not.

Why is it that LR is trying to force me to use them whend I don't want ti to?

Just editing a very important chritmas photo, I did not notice LR has gone back to default sharpness and NR yet again, and now I have to redo the photo all over again.

Very frustating to be paying for a very expensive software and have this issues.

Hope someone can tell me exacly how can I make sure that whatever camera I use, NR and sharpning is 0!

Thank you, and merry christmas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera are you using? Some cameras (most notably the Nikon Z-series) include instructions for Lightroom/camera raw that include changes to the sharpening and other defaults. They will override the normal defaults for the camera. If you want to override these you should go into Preferences->Presets and set the defaults for your camera (or all cameras) to a nulled-out preset. You have very fine-grained control there over what you want your starting point to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply.

I have done waht you've said but I don't understand how to apply a preset, I do not use or have presets. I don't understand why adobe would change something so simple and force a 40 sharpening which just ruins photos...

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not Adobe doing that. It is simply reading the settings your camera wrote in the raw files and applying those settings. If you want the normal defaults, go into preferences->presets and set the default for your camera to the Adobe defaults instead of the camera defaults. This will apply the standard adobe profile and very tame sharpening settings. If you want the sharpening to be zeroed, simply edit a file to have zero sharpening, set the default for your camera to the zero sharpening preset that is built in or create your own preset that you like as a starting point and set that as the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At import, apply a preset. Not at a computer to verify location in presets, but the one you may want is called Zeroed.

The following link dated, might have changed some:

https://jkost.com/blog/2016/07/resetting-files-in-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines