Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL Failure in Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got "Graphics processor acceleration has been disabled due to errors."

My system exceeds all the requirements to my knowledge, and I've updated all my drivers.

Specs:

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 12

Processor speed: 3.9 GHz

Built-in memory: 28616.8 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 28616.8 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 829.0 MB (2.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 810.5 MB

Memory cache size: 1149.7 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 6

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1080, 3) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13292 Core Profile Context 14.502.1014.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.40

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Definitely get the drivers up to date.

I don't believe there's a problem with Radeon HD cards, and FWIW, I'm using a XFX AMD Radeon R9 280 with 3Gb. You're going to need a recent generation card with at least 2Gb of memory such as the AMD R9 2xx series or nvidia’s Geforce 700 or 900.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 320 Replies 320
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading to 14.4 also worked for my Radeon HD 5670. And works in ACR as well. Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had problems with GPU acceleration with latest AMD drivers for AMD RADEON 5800HD. I removed new display drivers and replace them with older 2014 (14.4 Catalyst version) drivers and now it works. I hope there will be fix or new working drivers for AMD RADEON 5800 HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With latest AMD Drivers 15.7 GPU acceleration works (AMD RADEAON 5800HD). But now Lightroom seems to crash randomly in some cases when I change from libary module to develop module. Couple of time there have been crash also when you pick new picture from develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what happend to me so I had to go back to the old driver because it was unusable..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall await a fix rather than downgrading my drivers. Some of us want to play GTA V on our breaks from working in LR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed all the instructions for my HD5770 on a Win 8.1 64Bit System (uninstalling AMD Drivers; installing Version 14.4). CPU AMD X& 1055T.

Now Lightroom GPU Support is working.

But:

The spot healing brush (I know this is currently not GPU accelerated) is now much slower than without GPU support turned on. Anyone with the same issue?

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an issue,  but expected behaviour - there's a performance hit to non gpu based functions from having the gpu pipeline enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder schrieb:

It's not an issue,  but expected behaviour - there's a performance hit to non gpu based functions from having the gpu pipeline enabled.

To the observable extent of performance decrease this would surprise me.

I'm also working in the SW development area and for me it looks like that these performance "drawbacks" of the new GPU feature are "errors" that can (and most probably will) be fixed in upcoming versions. So I would not say that this is "exoected behaviour"..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record: Reverting to Catalyst Version 14.4 did it for my HD 5750.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Version: 3.3.12422 Core Profile Context 13.152.0.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon(TM) R9 270

LanguageVersion: 4.30

GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS (actual = 32, minimum = 48)

I'm using an R9 in a new Dell XPS... supposedly it should work, but the OpenGL check failed.  Intrigued by the last line too.  What does " GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS (actual = 32, minimum = 48)" mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photobloke, this is an older version of the graphics driver (see the "13.152" part of your description).  The later versions begin with "14.x".  Please check the AMD web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thanks again to all of you who provided log files and other helpful data.  For now I have enough information and have therefore removed the utility software (no longer available for download).  My team and I are proceeding with internal investigation, in collaboration with AMD.  I appreciate your patience in this matter.

For now, as a workaround, please either

1. Uncheck “Use Graphics Processor” in the Preferences... > Performance tab. This will disable the GPU support when adjusting images in Lightroom’s Develop Module.

Or

2. Install the older AMD ”14.4” driver from April 2014.

For those of you who do have working card/driver configurations ... I will post some follow-up information, in a separate thread, on the various scenarios in which GPU support may be beneficial in Lr CC.

Thanks,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric

I'll ask again: what about those of us who have a GPU that is recognised (GeForce GT 750M) running on a Dell XPS 15 Laptop with all the specs and with the GeForce having the latest driver.

And LR-CC slows down when the GPU is selected, eg the brush has seconds of delay.

Please don't forget the GeForce problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MadManChan2000 escribió:

Hi everyone,

Thanks again to all of you who provided log files and other helpful data.  For now I have enough information and have therefore removed the utility software (no longer available for download).  My team and I are proceeding with internal investigation, in collaboration with AMD.  I appreciate your patience in this matter.

For now, as a workaround, please either

1. Uncheck “Use Graphics Processor” in the Preferences... > Performance tab. This will disable the GPU support when adjusting images in Lightroom’s Develop Module.

Or

2. Install the older AMD ”14.4” driver from April 2014.

For those of you who do have working card/driver configurations ... I will post some follow-up information, in a separate thread, on the various scenarios in which GPU support may be beneficial in Lr CC.

Thanks,

Eric

For the time being some administrator should mark this post as "sticky", " answer" or whatever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed driver 14.4 with no change

Having the same problem with second computer that has an intel GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workarount didn't work for me. I got a FirePro V4900 with Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1. The 14.4 driver simply don't install (everything install but the driver). I was only able to use 14.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked for me either.  I have described the process earlier.  I just turned off the GPU option.  I await some answer from Adobe and ADM, although by now I haven't much hope.  LR 6 is slower than LR 5.  Maybe they will fix that also.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. While installing he 14.4 pack. Hence I installed 14.12. Before installing 14.12, I first updated the display drivers to the latest using Windows Device Manager to search and install the latest drivers for those devices. Then, using custom installation I installed everything other than the display drivers from 14.12.  With this, Lightroom recognizes the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling the video card drive back to 14.4 worked, GPU is now working.

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Version: 3.3.12874 Core Profile Context 14.100.0.0

Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

LanguageVersion: 4.30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not only with Radeon.  I have the same issue with AMD FirePRO V5800 running on latest drivers from April 15th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error on Multiple computers

I exceed system requirements, and Drivers are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that it's pretty obvious already that Adobe missed "something" regarding both the GPU support AND it's functionality.
The fact that this LR problem is being felt also by those who (like me) have NVidia cards proves that the problem to be solved is not on the cards or its drivers (as they seem to work perfectly with other SWs, even from Adobe).

Reverting to prior drivers is working for some ATI/AMD owners but... it's just a circumvention. And, what's more, it also seems from the posts in this thread that the "benefits" in performance of having GPU enabled are somewhat... arguable...?!

Before getting in the trouble of rolling back (or forward) my drivers just to get "Passed" in LR, without any proved benefit, and incurring the risk of getting new trouble with other SW that is working fine...

I think that I'll wait (eagerly) for a definitive (explanation and) solution, from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that i can agree too.. but all my nvidia systems have the support enabled by default.

so at least that works better with nvidia

And, what's more, it also seems from the posts in this thread that the "benefits" in performance of having GPU enabled are somewhat... arguable...?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luis

I 100% agree.

I think Adobe let themselves down here. Having looked at things a bit more, it is clear that the GPU speed up for some of the functionality is there, ie looking at LR with and without GPU enabled.

I believe that someone said the GPU doesn't help the local brush, but don't know why.

The 'let down' for me is that with GPU selected, the local brush goes to a snail-like functionality.

So I ask, why didn't Adobe spot this?

Surely it's simple to put some code in to ensure the GPU doesn't negatively impact those parts of LR that don't access the GPU?

Like many, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Adobe issues a patch...and quickly!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'let down' for me is that with GPU selected, the local brush goes to a snail-like functionality.

So I ask, why didn't Adobe spot this?

They know about this, they spoke of it earlier in this thread; it apparently is by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines