Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way for you to reset Activations. (online activation servers closed)

Only an Adobe Staff member can reset for you.

You must use the Chat support and ask only for "Activation reset", OR

Follow the advice in the correct anwer to this thread- Send a Private Message to @CMass 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had my computer wiped unexpectedly by Apple support. Trying to load everything back on. I have a valid Serial Number for Lightroom 6 and having trouble activating it.

Upon activation it says to "Please connect to the Internet and retry." Im obvioulsy connected, no entries in host file prohibit connection, no firewall or AV is running, no DNS is blocking the domain. In fact I can connect to port 443 to lm.licenses.adobe.com (which apparently is a CNAME for lm.adobe.io). I get a 404 page, which means it connects there just isnt an index page. Ive also tried using different DNS servers, tunneling through a VPN, and even using a completely different ISP.

I've come to the conclusion that the licensing server is sending a RST packet back when I try to validate my Serial Number (see attached screenshot). 

Am I missing something? Has anyone else experienced this or tried to activate their LR6 recently that can say they HAVENT had this issue?

Thanks.

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the MACOS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.13.6 High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so before I tried all of that. But I missed the part about the certificate. 

I checked the cert and everything was correct as it said in the article. However, I changed it to "Always Trust" and that seemed to work as its not asking for my serial number anymore.

However, now whenever I start LR6, it asks for my Adobe log in, every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, now whenever I start LR6, it asks for my Adobe log in, every time.

Don't log out (I believe "sign out" is the actual term), and it won't ask you to sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont log out. I just quit LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a LR6 user for a very long time, so no first hand experience with your pains.

So, an inquiry on that login every time

As an end result of the install, did the Ado=be Creative Cloud Desktop App get installed? (would think more for subscription model Adobe programs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I fixed the "log in every time" issue by uninstalling and reinstalling. Upon resintalling, I was able to sucessfully validate the serial number.

So it looks like the ultimate answer to my intial question was that I needed to "Always Trust" the GlobalSign Root CA certificate in my Keychain from the link above.

Thanks GoldingD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have Lightroom 6 installed on my computer so I cannot compare it with my Lightroom Classic application. When I am done using Lightroom for the day I use the Lightroom main menu bar and select the option to Exit Lightroom from the drop-down.

That way I remain logged in always even when I power off my system.

Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 5.30.49 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a legitimate copy of Lightroom 6 on a CD with a legitimate License Key, and the software is compatible with my computers operating system, will I still be able to activate the software once it has been installed. 

A simple YES or NO answer will suffice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's not currently activated on two other computers, yes.  otherwise, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have once again forgotten to deaktivate my Lightrrom before reinstalling my OS.

I would love to contact support to reset the activation-regestriation but I have no idea where and how I can contact support. No phone numbers, no chat, nada to be found on the adobe website ...

Can anybody help please?

Thanks Thomas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a support phone number , very helpful and resolved. Please ignore this message, it seems very difficult to find ways to contact Adobe Support via the website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the support number? It's quite impossible to find adequate support for this product. I can't find any way to engage them through chat, email, or phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I judt saw your messsge, I just rung Adobe in Frankfurt. Not sure what region support they give outside Germany but they help right away. Cleared the activationlist and all worked again.

+49 69 500 71 855 Adobe Kundendienst

Hope this will help. Cheers T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update on my situation. I was able to contact the tech support through in-browser chat. For some reason, in 2 of my browsers (Firefox and MS Edge - the new one), the Contact Us button doesn't launch the chat. Only in Chrome was I able to launch the chat. In about 10-15 minutes, I had my issue resolved. It might be some browser extensions that I had in FF and Edge that prevented the chat pop-up, so that was very frustrating until I got it to work. But thanks for the number - this might be helpful for someone else here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas , 

I have same problem with LR6  , but unfortunatelly in POLAND dooesn't exist any call service of ADOBE . Only chat on Adobe web , which don't want to hel me , because LR6 isn't more supported . I feel robbed , really !  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too. they just won't help because support ended a few months ago. does anyone have another solution for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to try, I was lucky till now. But I now also make a Vitualmaschine of my new install, So I can go back any deactivate the old install if needed or you make an image of your install and keep it up to date in case of a reimage. Otherwise I can not suggest anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from this Chat link:  Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for DEACTIVATION of Lr6.

If the agent can't do it, ask for a supervisor and persevere.   Deactivation is all they can help you with because Lr6 is discontinued and unsupported software.

It is happening more often that some Support Staff say it cannot be done, yet others kindly oblige.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply WobertC, I just tried again and it was fixed within 5 minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines