Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool

THX a lot 🙂

I try reinstal LR and Deactivated 🙂

See You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact Adobe and tell them you have activation issues. They can de-activate computers for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's 🙂

I try to contact Adobe 

See You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I'm tearing my hair out! I've just had a new hard drive installed on my desktop but when I installed LR6 it says the serial number is already in use on the maximum number of computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to contact Adobe through their Chat system.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast reply but unfortunately I don't seem to be able to use the chat system because I bought LR6 full version and not the creative cloud so I only have the free creative cloud membership 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what exact steps did you take in trying to access the Chat system. It is available to 99% of Adobe software users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through all the steps but it said Phone not available, Chat not available, Forums available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore all other links. Wait for the blue button and start a chat session.

Start Chat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create an account with Adobe and register your software?

Do you still have your 24 numeric license key?

if you have not installed the software on a second computer you should be able to do that now. Your license key allows two active installations at any point in time.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had an account so I just registered the new software.
I installed it on my laptop but unfortunately it wouldn't install on my desktop because it was 32 bit so I upgraded my hard drive but when I've installed it on the new drive it says it's already installed on 2 machines!
I can't find anyway to deactivate it as I've not got full creative cloud membership, it was the full LR6 version that I bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help. I'm finally sorted!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Care to share how you got "finally sorted". Just so others with a similar problem can get help.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to start a Chat session. Gave them my serial number and it was as simple as that! If only I could have found how to start a Chat session sooner!
Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Complete "newbie," but 'old fart' here. Probably like many, I'm experiencing time-wasting grief attempting to install an 'update' to Win 10 over Win 7, both 64-bit and pro. Reluctantly, the next option seems 'formatting' the hard drive and starting over with a "clean" install. Catch is, that, sensibly, would entail deactivating both Photoshop and Lightroom (both purchased shortly before monthly 'subscription' became the mode), and then legally, with the blessings of God and Adobe, re-installing on the 'scrubbed' hard drive.

Anyone conversant with this type dilema probably knows that "deactivate" appears quickly in the Photoshop help options, but not so readily in Lightroom. As indicated in the 'subject' line, how in hell do I deactivate Lightroom?

TIA,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what version of Lightroom you are talking about. For Lightroom 5 or earlier, there is no such thing as activation or deactivation. For Lightroom 6 or later, you simply sign out of the Adobe Creative Cloud Application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version...didn't realize there were many different versions released around the time of the switchover from 'purchased' copies to the new 'subscription' arrangement.  Anyway, my version is 4.1.

Thanks,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the above. For the subscription product, you can go to Adobe.com, sign in, manage your account, look at your plans, and at the bottom, deactivate any associated with a particular computer. 

Mind you, not sure how Adobe identity's a particular computer, computer name? MAC if NIC? Seismic Number of OS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. My copies of PhotoShop and LightRoom are both so little used that it is rather plain that I shouldn't have 'popped' for the price to begin with. Have no interest in changing to the subscription arrangement, as that seems like 'good money after bad...' Also, have little/no interest in 'signing up' for other 'services' on a monthly subscription basis for the same reasons.

Thank you,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, I have a problem. I have a Lightroom 6 classic, CD and key. I have a new PC because the old scrap is. The installation worked but when I start I always get the message
...The serial number is already in use on the maximum number of computers allowed. You must deactivate one of the computers ....
But where and how? I would like to continue using the LR6, but I only have 29 days to "deactivate a PC". Can you help me? There are no computers in my Adobe profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it is v6, you should have had to register it at Adobe. Bring up Adobe.com, sign in, select manage your account, select register a product, (I appear to be forgetting steps, might be off) look at v6, look at activated computers, deactivate the one you no longer have.

if you had a subscription plan, you would look at your plan, scroll to the bottom, and deactivate. Non subscription??

Might have to contact Adobe via Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clear, see new post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your response.
The product LR6 is registered. I see it under REGISTERED PRODUCTS. With date and serial number.
However, I have no possibility to see and deactivate individual computers (old or new) somewhere.
Is there a way to contact support via email? When I search for contact options, I always find only help forum. No direct contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On any Adobe web page, use the Contact button and/or customer support to start a Chat, ask fir a call

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to talk to Adobe's customer support. They're the only ones who can reset the number of activations. 

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html 

Please signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. The link refer to the US website. If you are not located in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID. 

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to an support employee. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines