Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds perfect! Many thanks. I apologize for my ignorance and disorganization. It's been a long time since i paid attention to the installation details of this application. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you clarify exactly what you currently have installed,because you made above several self-contradictory statements.

"I my case I have NO Creative Cloud apps installed on my computer. I am searching around for clear instructions on how to remove/deactivate Lightroom Classic from my Mac (Sierra) so I can use Lightroom Classic on a new Mac I am buying."

Lightroom Classic is one of the Creative Cloud collection of applications from Adobe and its installation and operation as anything other than a trial requires an active subscription.

"At any rate, requesting information on how to delete or deactivate Lightroom Classic from my computer and install/activate it on my new one. I have the serial number and an original CDR of what must be the original Lightroom."

If you have a serial number for it, it cannot be Lightroom Classic (versions 7.x to the current 8.3.1) which is available only with a Creative Cloud license. To determine what version you do in fact have, open LR and on the tool-bar Help/System Info tab please copy the first two lines.

At any rate, whatever version you have, you are allowed concurrent installations on two computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers an old one and a newer one.

Both were online and working fine with Lightroom Classic.

However, I took the older computer offline (disconnected from the internet) and now when I want to use the Develop Module on the old computer, I get an error message saying that Lightroom is deactivated and I need to purchase a subscription or license! But, I have one!

How do I work around this and get Lightroom back to functioning properly on my old computer???

Thanks,

Bob

Some day I will move all of those files over to the new computer, but for now i just want to cull and edit around 100 images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I work around this and get Lightroom back to functioning properly on my old computer???

You have to connect the old computer to the internet every 30 days to check if the license is valid.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Well that's not good!

So the bigger question would be....

Then how do I bring all of my old images and and catalogs to my newer computer?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I forgot to add that they are spread over several hard drives, albeit all (hard wired) connected to the old computer. (i.e.) no mobile drives.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you signed in in LR classic on the old computer. You need to sign it after a long time away from internet.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to copy the catalog and the images to another drive As well as all the images and move them to a new computer. Do you have an external drive that you could use for that purpose? You don't need the Lightroom program to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my old computer is literally fried after a lightening strike to my house. I am trying to load LR6 to my new computer but the program is telling me I need to deactivate my old computer.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manage your Adobe ID account

Or contact Adobe:

“Activation limit reached” or “Sign-in failed” error

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you get the option to let adobe deactivated the others, you don't loose anything, you can just get 2 computers connected/registered at the same time and on het same account.

next time you have to erelogen on the computers you like to use.

Or you can logn at your adobe ID on the website, and remove the computer you don't use from your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, 

ich habe heute meinen neuen Laptop bekommen.

Das ich meine installierte Lightroom 6.14 Software deaktivieren muss war mir nicht klar. Ich kann mein Lightroom nicht auf meinen beiden Pc´s aktivieren mit denen ich arbeite. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit alle Pc´s komplett abzumelden, damit ich von vorne anfangen kann? Wie bei Itunes , da kann man alle aktiven Pc´s zurücksetzen.

Ich habe schon alles versucht.

Ich hatte Lightroom vom PC gelöscht ohne mich abzumelden. Jetzt habe ich auf  dem gleichen Pc wieder Lightroom installiert und jetzt bekomme ich aber auch die Meldung, dass mein Lizensschlüssel schon benutzt wird. In meinem Adobe Konto ist kein aktiviertes Gerät aufgeführt, wie kann das sein? 

Kann der Support meine Aktivierungen zurück setzen?

Gruß Torben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja, der Adobe Support kann das. Am besten kontaktierst Du direkt den Support. Wenn das nicht zum gewünschten Erfolg führt, melde wieder hier.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warum kann ich den Support nur über den Chat erreichen und keine Mail schreiben? Der Chat Support ist nur bis zu einer bestimmten Uhrzeit erreichbar und da arbeite ich noch. Am Wochenende ist dieser gar nicht verfügbar.... :o( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second screenshot. On that page, in that tab, their may be four options.

• Plans
  • Orders and Invoices
  • Activated Devices
  • Products

You appear to have Products pulled up. Do you have the option Activated Devices? This might be only a subscription option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Ich habe keine Software über ein Abo gekauft. Mein Lightroom 6.14 ist die standalone Version, dann ist sie deshalb nicht in meine Geräte aufgeführt. Dann bin ich jetzt auch wieder etwas schlauer. 🙂

Adobe macht es einem aber auch nicht einfach mit dem Support. Ich versuche nächste Woche mal den Chat zu kontaktieren und dann sehe ich weiter. 

Danke vorerst. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CMass 

Can you please help this customer - Thanks.

McL

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Smeagle81

Please private message me your Adobe ID and serial number.

Thank you @F. McLion 

Best, 

Careeesa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe jetzt versucht mit 2 Browsern Opera und Edge eine Private Nachricht zu vesenden, aber das Nachrichtenfenster bleib offen und schließt sich nicht. 😞 ich weiß also nicht, ob meine Nachricht verschickt wurde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Persönliche Nachricht ist gesendet hat geklappt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 will not load on new PC. I get a pop up window saying that the serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed omputers. I must deactivate the old computer or provide another valid serial number to use Lightroom 6 on my new PC...My old PC is gone...There is a bullet that says to retry...That doesn't work. Help !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from this Chat link:  Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for DEACTIVATION of Lr6.

If the agent can't do it, ask for a supervisor and persevere.   Deactivation is all they can help you with because Lr6 is discontinued and unsupported software.

It is happening more often that some Support Staff say it cannot be done, yet others kindly oblige.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as above. If  the mentioned Online Chat Link above is activated, I see only a page titled "Welcome to Adobe Customer Care! Need Help?"
Where can I activate the chat? When "Get started" is clicked, then only another page opens with lots of information and other links, but still I can't find access to the chat.

Can anyone help me here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be on-line and Logged-in to your Adobe ID in this forum,

The link- https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Does open to a Customer Care page, and a Chat message window should open automatically in the lower-right of screen.

2021-07-29 10_27_56-Contact Customer Care — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

If you do not see the Chat window, then click on the Chat icon-

2021-07-29 10_28_11-Window.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - it all worked. LR6 is now running again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines