Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, something that works! Thank you. I had same scenario. I had purchased LR5 and upgraded to 6. LR6 would not install, serial number was recognised, but I got the LR1-5 prompt. Picked LR5, entered that serial number, and 6.14 installed (copied folder in old computer Programs/Adobe over for the LR6.0 to 6.14 update). Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop crashed so I got another one.  I followed the instructions set out by adobe's tutorial to activate my stand alone LR6 license off of the Classic CC download, but it DOESN'T WORK!  I have created FOUR alternate accounts.  It doesn't give me any option but to sign in on a CC account.  As soon as I sign in and hit license software, it says I need a subscription.  It WILL NOT give me an option to enter a license key.  I purchased this less than 6 months ago, and now it's completely useless to me!  Why is it so difficult to just put a function IN the program that allows you to enter a license key!?!?  Everybody else does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use a LR Classic CC download to activate LR 6 (because LR Classic CC is actually LR 7). You have to download LR 6.

You have to download LR 6.0/LR CC 2015.0. Download and install the Application Installer, then download and install LR 6.13 update. Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2018 I bought licence of LR6 from an Agent . I  decided to buy it , because I was using LR not regularly 

, only for private edition of my pictures taking also for own usage ( not commercial) , thats why  offline version was a perfect for me . This year I lost my computer ( SSD was bouned out) , bought new one , install LR6 and ....: You have to deactivate old computer . I Can't do it , how? Customer service wan't to help me , because they do not support any more LR 6  and tehy offer of course online version paid month by month . It's crazy , because I do not want to pay for nothing , using LR from time to time , maybe 3-4 times a year .  I feel robbed  by Adobe ! ! ! :o((  . really . It's against also a law , because If I bought something I have all rights  , and ADOBE  close this possibility ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 is three years ago, and the whole Adobe Lightroom platform has changed. Unfortunately for you and many others, Lightroom 6 is totally obsolete, completely unsupported, and no longer even operable on some older operating systems. However, I have seen reported instances of some users who have contacted Adobe and asked to have their activations reset and have had success. There is nothing anyone on this forum we can do for you because this is a user supported forum. Here is a link where you can contact Adobe support via live chat. Give it a try, asking for a reset of your activations. I don't know if Adobe is still doing that, but it's your only option at this point.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_sti... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Jim . I contacted before to Adobe customer support by chat ( few times ) and they do not support LR6 any more . You're right . I contacted also Adobe Germany by phone - ther tried to help but their server do not see my licence as active , was switched off . Seller who sold me it in 2018 ... do not exist any more , company closed , phone switched off . Lost !  Today I decided to buy AdobePhotoshop Ele , also offline version , because I'm using such tool temprorarly , only private usage . 

Again thanky You for Your help . Tomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there community,
I purchased Lightroom 6 in September 2018 and it worked fine for a while. I switched to another laptop, also OK. After a while, I started to get the message that the serial number was already in use on the maximum of allowed computers. I double and triple checked my old laptop. Nothing is on there anymore. Is there any way to check which laptops/computers are connected to the serial number and disconnect them?
Thank you very much and have a lovely day!

The customer support service told me they don't deal with non-CC versions anymore. However, I found the following information

"CS6, CS5, CS4, Acrobat XI, Acrobat X, or Acrobat 9

A single license for Adobe CS6 and earlier applications lets you install an app on two computers. However, you can use the application on only one computer at a time.

To install the application on a third computer, deactivate the application on the computer on which you no longer want to use the software. Then, activate it on the new computer.

1. Can't access your old computer? If you can't access your previous computer (for example, you reformatted the hard drive or lost the computer), don't worry. We can help you deactivate your app from your old device. Make sure that you have your serial number  or Adobe ID  handy, and then contact us ."
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html#CS6CS5CS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer support service told me they don't deal with non-CC versions anymore. However, I found the following information

"CS6, CS5, CS4, Acrobat XI, Acrobat X, or Acrobat 9

A single license for Adobe CS6 and earlier applications lets you install an app on two computers. However, you can use the application on only one computer at a time.

To install the application on a third computer, deactivate the application on the computer on which you no longer want to use the software. Then, activate it on the new computer.

1. Can't access your old computer? If you can't access your previous computer (for example, you reformatted the hard drive or lost the computer), don't worry. We can help you deactivate your app from your old device. Make sure that you have your serial number  or Adobe ID  handy, and then contact us ."
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html#CS6CS5CS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I treated myself to a new MacBook Pro yesterday and after making sure all my files were backed up I promptly formatted my old machine. I did everything that was suggested by Apple before doing so but I was not aware of having to deactivate Lightroom. One would have thought that by simply uninstalling the software then this would automatically be done.

I have read some threads and I know this can be sorted but unless somebody can let me know of a way to view the devices I have registered already (like Apple and iTunes does), then this message is ask for help from the Admin staff please? I can of course provide any details you need.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Towards bottom of linked page, you'll see the instructions for deactivation of products Sign in and sign out to activate or deactivate Creative Cloud apps 

BTW, above is for Lightroom CC 2015. You just uninstall the application if Lr6.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian, but I am not using the CC version. I bought the full download. When I log into my Adobe account it doesn't show me any devices or products...so I am stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, select Help->Sign Out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But will that sign me out of Lightroom on this computer only or from everywhere? And Once I have signed out is it just a case of signing back in on this computer and my computer at home? The device I was using it on, that should have been signed out of was my old laptop that is now formatted!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It signs you out on the one computer. You need to do this if you are no longer going to use the license for Lightroom on this computer.

If you are getting a message that you can't activate Lightroom because it has been already activated on two computers, and at least one of those comptuers is no longer usable, then you have to contact Adobe Live Chat and ask them to deactivate the license at the unusable computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Hopefully they will pick this thread up too. I can't use the live chat (so it seems) because I don't have a paid subscription so I will just have to wait and see I guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can use Live Chat for activation issues. You have to tell them it is a license de-activation issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6, my old computer died so i had to get a new one, but now it won't allow me to activate as saying the serial number is already used by the maximum allowed computers. How do i force it to drop any computers i know longer have to allow to continue using Lightroom on my device?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to talk to Adobe's customer support. They're the only ones who can reset the number of activations. 

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:   
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html 
Please signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. The link refer to the US website. If you are not located in the US, the site should redirect to the page 

appropriate to the region associated with your ID. 
Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to an support employee. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel. I have the same issue, and will have my copy of LR6 blocked after 15 more days.

I follow your link, and disable all cookie/tracking protection and refresh, but there is no chat window, and no indication of how to contact Adobe agents. (I am already signed in.)

I am in Spain, but the page does not redirect. However, I don't speak Spanish, so that would not be useful to me anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Chat button is in the right corner at the end of the site.

Try to aus also a different browser.

2021-07-22 12_19_34-Window.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel.

I am just chatting with Adobe and they say I have to look for answers on the forums. I am going in circles! Any other advice you can provide please? I am having the exact same issue as the OP!

Thanks you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel.

I am just chatting with Adobe and they say I have to look for answers on the forums. I am going in circles! Any other advice you can provide please? I am having the exact same issue as the OP!

Thanks you

By @ukvikas

If you ask for technical support for Lightroom 6, they will not provide it and refer you to these forums, and we cannot help you with this problem. You must be crystal clear that you want to reset the activations, you are not looking for technical support. And also what @JP Hess said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that happens terminate the conversation and try again. If  the support person won't help you then ask to communicate with a supervisor. Be sure to emphasize that you only want to reset activations. Apparently some support people will do it while others will not. Unfortunately, you are communicating with somewhat untrained individuals overseas, and it's going to require patience on your part in order to get the job done. Coming to the forum isn't going to get anything accomplished because we are all just other users like yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just encountered this same problem after selling my old computer and discovering I can't activate Lightroom 6, and obviously can't deactivate the old PC as I wiped it before selling it.

After gettig absolutely nowhere using the support chat, I tried phoning the support line and went through the option for "Problems downloading, installing or activating". I was connected to a support agent in a couple of minutes, I opened with "I'm having problems activating Lightroom and need my activation count to be reset". He made the change and verified that I could successfully activate while I was still on the phone - couldn't be easier, especially compared to the text chat option!

For reference, the support number is 800-833-6687. I'm in the UK so had to dial 001 800-833-6687. I used a service called Zipcall so that I didn't have to pay international rates for the call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines