Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe. Any reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your MACOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for a replay.

Mac OS - High Sierra. I can upgrade to Mojave but nothing more (there is no support for 32-bit apps).
I don't think it is related to OS. Just after LR installation it couldn't connect to verify my activation code. this was resolved by running Adobe App Manager - I guess it updated addresses of Adobe servers. After that serial/activation code was verified.

From links you posted:
- I did "Sign Out (deactivate)"
- on my account activation page there are no activations, so I can't deactivate from my account. For sure this is correct account - app is listed on my "Orders and invoices" page
- I am a little afraid to do uninsatll - if that fails I will lose this app. If there is no other solution, I will rather try to make an image of an OS and restore it on new computer. And document says "Uninstalling an app from a computer does not deactivate its license."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm also having the same issue and it appears that I can only get my old machine deactivated by contacting you directly. Would you be able to help me out as well?

Thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Can someone please help me as i am frustrated with the little customer service from Adobe that is running me around in circle. 

So i have been using LR6 since 2016 and using it on a mac air and a mac book pro and recently a new mac book pro touch with out any problems all without having to sign out or de activate any of the computers of which i was unaware that this was required. A recent update on apple and now Big Sur has caused LR6 to stop working on my 2 mac book pro's but still works fine on the mac air running big sur, dont ask me why. I have since sold 1 mac book pro and i did not know i had to deactivate LR from it. I cannot install LR6 onto the mac book pro and get a message saying contact developer, yeah right like Adobe is going to help as LR is now discontinued. Anyway i thought i know, i would buy an old imac running sierra or high sierra and i installed LR6 on that which was fine but i got a message saying i had reached maximum amount of activations and LR would not open. So i called Adobe to deactivate devices they first said come here of which all i read was go back to Adobe of which i did, they hung up on me as soon as i said LR6 i did some googleing and tried to deactivate my devices from my account but in plans shows no devices found. After my 4th phone call to Adobe they send me a link saying open app and deactivate from there by going to help drop down menu but the only option i have is to sign out, there is no deactivate option. I have sent messages to Adobe using their contact me email but no one calls back, i asked to speak to manager but was told they are working from home and someone will call me, still waiting. I am now very dissapointed in Adobe's customer service, actually there is none. I have a stondalone product i have love but cannot install surely someone can deactivate devices regardless of app or programme discontinued or otherwise. If Adobe you are reading this you need to work on your customer service and support and teach them that hanging up on your customers when on the phone is not cool. Im sure you can deactivate my devices so i can move forward and not have to move onto another product from someone else. 

Very unhappy

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum and Adobe employees only read post here every now and then. No one here has access to the Adobe accounts.

However, I'll try to forward your request.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, via Live Chat, ask Adobe to de-activate a LR 6 installation. Be 100% clear that you want to deactivate an LR 6 installation and that you do not want technical support. As soon as you as for anything that sounds like technical support, even accidentally, they will not help you as LR 6 is not supported. But they will deactivate LR 6 installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently some live chat support personnel will not accommodate even resetting activations. If the person you contact refuses then request to speak to a supervisor. If that doesn't bring success disconnect and try again. The support is outsourced, and is difficult to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how can I contact you directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wayner14701977 ,

We're sorry to hear you've been unable to resolve your issue via chat support. Please share your Adobe ID and your Case number, if you have one, via direct message. 

Best, 

Careeeesa 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @CMass 

This is a very common occurence here in this forum ... someone wants to de-activate a LR 6 installation, and tech support tells them to come to this forum, or refuses to do so. It's nice that you will help this one individual, but perhaps you could address the bigger problem that affects many; that is the repeating problem of incorrect statements made by tech support on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Careeeesa

I cannot private message you says i have reached maximum messages ??? was
my first ever PM on this forum and will not allow me to reply to your
previous message it does not do anything after hitting post so hope you see
this.

You also asked about my ID ??? what or where would i find that for you.

@dj_paige

Yes you are correct the culture needs to change here, nothing against the
guys and girls at the help centre but they need better training and better
english.

Wayne
Your Adobe Case {removed by mod}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige Thank you for bringing this up.  I'm going to bring this up with the team and see what we can do to help these customers and where the bottle neck is. If we need any additional context, would you be the best person to reach out too? 

Best, 

Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, @CMass , I can certainly discuss what has been reported here in the Adobe Community; but I don't have first hand experience with talking to Adobe support people to try to get help to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige Excellent! I'm going to send you a quick PM with an update! 

Best, 

Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Careeeesa
I cannot private message you says i have reached maximum messages ??? was
my first ever PM on this forum and will not allow me to reply to your
previous message it does not do anything after hitting post so hope you see
this.

You also asked about my ID ??? what or where would i find that for you.

@dj_paige

Yes you are correct the culture needs to change here, nothing against the
guys and girls at the help centre but they need better training and better
english.
Wayne

Adobe case  {removed by mod}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wayner14701977 , 

I've responded to you via private message. Please let me know if you run into any further issues regarding activation. 🙂 

Best, 

Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue here. It says that my serial number for LR6 is installed on too many computer. I recently replaced my harddrive and erased the previous one. 

Is there a way to disconnect all my prevous installations ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there is ONE way, and ONE way only that works with confidence!

Contact, by Private Message, Careeeesa- as in her 'Correct Answer' at the very top of this long forum thread.

Or,  use the Chat method to contact Adobe support, and if you strike a sympathetic staff member ask only for a RESET OF ACTIVATIONS (many will say Lr6 is not "supported")

CHAT TO AN ADOBE AGENT- Activation Reset

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignoring the long convoluted context in the initial post.

Was LrC previously installed on this MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is a new install on a new to me imac for the first time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, to be sure.

MACOS High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines