Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021
Please private message me your Adobe ID and serial number. If you're unable to private message me, please tag me in a reply below.  Best,  Careeee

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021
@VE7AQ  You may be able to send a Private Message to @Careeeesa  who provided a Correct answer in this thread, and has been helpful for others. Or- Begin a secure chat session at- https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device, a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to begin the interaction. You need to be logged in with this forum. Your browser must allow cookies. You must NOT ask for "Support". Onl

Translate

Translate
replies 420 Replies 420
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I forgot to add that they are spread over several hard drives, albeit all (hard wired) connected to the old computer. (i.e.) no mobile drives.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you signed in in LR classic on the old computer. You need to sign it after a long time away from internet.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to copy the catalog and the images to another drive As well as all the images and move them to a new computer. Do you have an external drive that you could use for that purpose? You don't need the Lightroom program to do that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my old computer is literally fried after a lightening strike to my house. I am trying to load LR6 to my new computer but the program is telling me I need to deactivate my old computer.  Any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manage your Adobe ID account

Or contact Adobe:

“Activation limit reached” or “Sign-in failed” error

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you get the option to let adobe deactivated the others, you don't loose anything, you can just get 2 computers connected/registered at the same time and on het same account.

next time you have to erelogen on the computers you like to use.

Or you can logn at your adobe ID on the website, and remove the computer you don't use from your account.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, 

ich habe heute meinen neuen Laptop bekommen.

Das ich meine installierte Lightroom 6.14 Software deaktivieren muss war mir nicht klar. Ich kann mein Lightroom nicht auf meinen beiden Pc´s aktivieren mit denen ich arbeite. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit alle Pc´s komplett abzumelden, damit ich von vorne anfangen kann? Wie bei Itunes , da kann man alle aktiven Pc´s zurücksetzen.

Ich habe schon alles versucht.

Ich hatte Lightroom vom PC gelöscht ohne mich abzumelden. Jetzt habe ich auf  dem gleichen Pc wieder Lightroom installiert und jetzt bekomme ich aber auch die Meldung, dass mein Lizensschlüssel schon benutzt wird. In meinem Adobe Konto ist kein aktiviertes Gerät aufgeführt, wie kann das sein? 

Kann der Support meine Aktivierungen zurück setzen?

Gruß Torben

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja, der Adobe Support kann das. Am besten kontaktierst Du direkt den Support. Wenn das nicht zum gewünschten Erfolg führt, melde wieder hier.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warum kann ich den Support nur über den Chat erreichen und keine Mail schreiben? Der Chat Support ist nur bis zu einer bestimmten Uhrzeit erreichbar und da arbeite ich noch. Am Wochenende ist dieser gar nicht verfügbar.... :o( 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second screenshot. On that page, in that tab, their may be four options.

• Plans
  • Orders and Invoices
  • Activated Devices
  • Products

You appear to have Products pulled up. Do you have the option Activated Devices? This might be only a subscription option.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Ich habe keine Software über ein Abo gekauft. Mein Lightroom 6.14 ist die standalone Version, dann ist sie deshalb nicht in meine Geräte aufgeführt. Dann bin ich jetzt auch wieder etwas schlauer. 🙂

Adobe macht es einem aber auch nicht einfach mit dem Support. Ich versuche nächste Woche mal den Chat zu kontaktieren und dann sehe ich weiter. 

Danke vorerst. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Careeeesa 

Can you please help this customer - Thanks.

McL

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Smeagle81

Please private message me your Adobe ID and serial number.

Thank you @F. McLion 

Best, 

Careeesa 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe jetzt versucht mit 2 Browsern Opera und Edge eine Private Nachricht zu vesenden, aber das Nachrichtenfenster bleib offen und schließt sich nicht. 😞 ich weiß also nicht, ob meine Nachricht verschickt wurde.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Persönliche Nachricht ist gesendet hat geklappt.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 will not load on new PC. I get a pop up window saying that the serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed omputers. I must deactivate the old computer or provide another valid serial number to use Lightroom 6 on my new PC...My old PC is gone...There is a bullet that says to retry...That doesn't work. Help !!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from this Chat link:  Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for DEACTIVATION of Lr6.

If the agent can't do it, ask for a supervisor and persevere.   Deactivation is all they can help you with because Lr6 is discontinued and unsupported software.

It is happening more often that some Support Staff say it cannot be done, yet others kindly oblige.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as above. If  the mentioned Online Chat Link above is activated, I see only a page titled "Welcome to Adobe Customer Care! Need Help?"
Where can I activate the chat? When "Get started" is clicked, then only another page opens with lots of information and other links, but still I can't find access to the chat.

Can anyone help me here?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be on-line and Logged-in to your Adobe ID in this forum,

The link- https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Does open to a Customer Care page, and a Chat message window should open automatically in the lower-right of screen.

2021-07-29 10_27_56-Contact Customer Care — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

If you do not see the Chat window, then click on the Chat icon-

2021-07-29 10_28_11-Window.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - it all worked. LR6 is now running again!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also struggling to install Lightroom 6 on my new PC.  I purchased it 5 years ago and still have a note of the serial number.  However, when I installed Lightroom 6 on my new PC (my old one is no longer usable), after it accepted my serial number for LR 6, it says "Serial Number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer."  It then goes on to say I must own an earlier version of LR (version 1-5) and enter the serial number for that old product.  Without my old PC I have no hope of finding my LR 3 or 4 which I used before I purchased LR 6.  Given I have proof of purchasing LR 6, is there any way I can get it up and running on my new computer?  Any help appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have previously registered an earlier version with Adobe, then you should be able to recover the Serial Number as in this advice-

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number-1.html

I signed-in to this link and could recover my SNs for v4 and v5 of Lightroom.

If you never registered your earlier versions, and without the SNs, you will not get v6 working.

And seriously consider upgrading to v10.3 in the Photography Plan (20GB).You can spend money on a new computer- you must spend some on new software to support it!

v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  It only gives me the serial number of my LR v6 (and it reminds me how much I paid for it!).  I had LR 6 working just fine on my old computer and I can't remember when I purchased LR v3, but it was a long time ago, and I probably didn't register it (which wasn't a problem when I installed LR v6 the first time).  It looks like Adobe has won this battle and forced me into a subscription against my will.  I will think about it a while before submitting.  I do feel a bit cheated out of my LR v6.  I thought I had a perpetual license.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on Windows, so not an OS issue.

I did as you did, signed out, then checked by trying to use it again on the old laptop. Which it refused unless i signed back in and resubbmitted the key.

Installed on new PC, LR6 intall refuses to accept the key. Tried Adobe customer support, they just dont care.
Adobe`s business model is Pros on subscription only, amature users who dont wish to pay £40 per use (I use it like 2 or 3 times a year) are basically sidelined and Adobe dont want to know.

I am now looking at Key Cracking to break my legit copy so i can use it.. sad times.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been around the houses with Adobe, who dont seem to care at all. I have made sure I followed all "deactivation" process when moving LR6 from old to new.
Everything, like App manager is up to date, Adobe have confirmed my Key is working and legit, its showing in my account. My account has 0 active devices.

So all that is left, is that Adobe are now blocking all activations for LR6 in a bif to force you into a £10 a month subscription. Which as an amature user who might use it 4 times a year makes it £30 per use. That is not value for money, espcially as I own a legit copy that I paid for and Adobe are blocking me from using.

My next step has been to contact Trading Standards, I have submited everything to them, inc. the chat logs and screen shots. Adobe might no longer support LR6, fine, but activly preventing the App Manager from allowing activation and blocking you access is not fine.

I will update here once I get more details from Trad. Std.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines