• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Brush tool retains settings of previous image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to quickly skip to the next picture to edit while staying in a brush setting without having to reopen the mask tool again and click on brush and clicking on setting. I am unable to do that now with the new mask update. Have any of you been able to figure out how to quickly go to the next picture while staying in the same brush setting? So when I go to the next picture, it automatically opens the brush tool in the previous setting, instead of having to go through so many steps to open it again for each individual picture. Many thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

You can have it either way.

It is controlled by the "Reset Sliders Automatically" setting at the bottom of the masking adjustments:

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 7.45.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Just press the 'K' key. If you want the brush to retain its settings, then uncheck the option to reset all sliders at the bottom of the brush settings panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have it either way.

It is controlled by the "Reset Sliders Automatically" setting at the bottom of the masking adjustments:

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 7.45.34 AM.png

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is helpful! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not do what I am talking about. As outher people have said, we would like the brush to act like it used to, and stay selected when you move to next image. Yes, the settings for the brush will stay if you unclick "Reset Sliders Automatically." But you still must hit K or move over and click on Brush for...every...single...image! If you are editing many similar images, this gets tediuos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just press the 'K' key. If you want the brush to retain its settings, then uncheck the option to reset all sliders at the bottom of the brush settings panel.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I tried Adobe support but they are completely clueless, copy-pasting replies to 'find out more about new masking tool'.

Since the new update my brush does not retain its values after I go to the next picture.

For example I brush the eyes on one of the portraits and want to do the same for a next photograph, but when I go to the next photo (and have thousand of them!) then my brush tab closes and I have to open it up again, select the brush and set the values. Before the update my brush maintainted the values (clarity, highlights, exposure) and I could just swap the picture and use the brush immediately, now it's a lot of additional clicks.

I want my brush to 'stay in my hand' while I go through the pictures, brushing the areas.

Does anyone have a solution here?

Windows, Ligtroom CC 11.00

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many users have mentioned this complaint. Please go to the Ideas section of the Lightroom Classic forum, find the related posts there, and indicate you have the same problem, vote for this problem/solution, and state that you would like some resolution that improves your workflow.

Please disregard the above, I think @Per Berntsen has identified the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open the Masks panel with a new brush, simply press K. No clicking required.

Make sure that" Reset Sliders Automatically" at the bottom of the local adjustments panel is unchecked, and the settings will stick.

image_2021-11-05_115149.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is helpful! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone the new version of October 22 (11.0) has eliminated the handy brushes for enhancement with specific actions. For example: iris improvement, teeth whitening, skin smoothing but above all shading or gradient or spot removal. They were convenient because they saved time: they were already preset and also available from third parties. Now they are not present but new more precise masking systems have been introduced. It seems to me a step backwards. You lose more time and have to do them all over again. Please restore them. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about the specific presets you mention, but presets for the local adjustment tools did not disappear. They are still there and I can still use the brush presets I made in previous versions.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Johan said, that stuff is all still there.

Spot removal hasn't changed.

tmickow_0-1635858447877.png

The local adjustment Brush, Liner & Gradient tools are under the new Masking menu.

tmickow_1-1635858495934.png

And the iris, teeth & skin smoothing brush presets are still available in the Effect drop down on those tools.

tmickow_2-1635858579792.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the SAME issues and it's SO frustrating! I can't simply use a brush to lighten eyes anymore without a stupid red mask appearing where I used the brush. I really don't like this change at all! I am wasting so much time and so frustrated and can't figure out how to lighten eyes in the way I have been for years! Adobe restore what used to be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck the 'Show Mask Overlay' checkbox...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press O on your keyboard to toggle the overlay on and off.

Click the three dots in the lower right corner of the panel for more overlay options and settings.

image_2022-01-05_204825.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On previous versions, when using Brush tool, it would stay locked with size and whatever effect I had selected. Usually Exposure up or down. That way, I could move to the next image of the same group shot, and burn or dodge the same area. Now I need to hit "k" or move over and click on Brush for every image.Is there any way in the new update, to lock the brush? I did figure out that the Effect will stay as selected, if I save it as a preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down at the bottom of the panel. Uncheck reset sliders automatically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, and it seems to keep what I set the brush to. But it does not keep the Brush as a selected way to make the mask when I go to the next image. When I go to the next image, I again must hit "k" or move orer and click on Brush. Hundreds of extra moves I did not have to do before the update. I can live with it if I must. But it would be nice not to have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at a computer to check, but, prior versions you could preload a brush, each time you used the brush after that, the preload is where it would start at. Select a brush, alter the sliders, then click where you want the pin to be, where you want the brush. Altering sliders after placing the pin would not effect the preload. the brush would not remember where you left it when last used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That is what I used to do. But that is not the problem now. The slider
will stay at what I had selected. But the Brush tool does not stay selected
as the desired masking method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, when I mask a photo with the brush tool (LR 11.0-MacOS), and I want to continue to work with this brush in the next photo, every time I first have to click enter, then change photo, and then click 'K' again. Takes a lot of time when working with a large reportage.

In the previous version of LR you could continue to mask with this brush by just clicking the next photo. Can you re-introduce this feature Adobe ?

Thanks, Lex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why do we have to press K every time? I work with 10000+ pictures. Why do I for God's sake have to press K  for additional 10.000 times?  I did not have to... I do not get paid for this extra struggle Adobe introduced. I am about o cry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't stand this anymore too! Previous versions worked just fine! Why changing it? Also, de checkbox "Invert" resets everytime! Even with the "reset sliders automatically" unchecked. Come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines