Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Gray / Negative image display in the Develop module

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je viens d'installer la dernière version de Lightroom Classic (11.4) sous Windows 11 et mes fichiers RAW ne peuvent plus s'afficher correctement dans le module "Développement". Je ne rencontre pas le problème dans les autres module, l'affichage de la miniature est bon, tout comme l'histogramme qui semble cohérent. Seul l'affichage dans la zone de travail est blanc (cf. copie d'écran dessous). 

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.4) on Windows 11 and my RAW files can no longer display correctly in the "Develop" module. I don't encounter the problem in the other modules, the thumbnail display is good, as is the histogram which seems consistent. Only the display in the working area is white (see screenshot below).

Bug Lightroom.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

I downloaded a new Nvidia driver (it took awhile as I'm on W-Fi in a Health Care facility). This solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

All of the customers reporting this issue are using Windows. For each of you, as a test, please go to Edit>Preferences>Performance and disable GPU then restart your instance of Lightroom Classic. 

Does the problem go away? 

If so, then you will need to check your Video Card Manufacturer's website for an updated driver. Perform a clean install of the latest video driver. Go back to Edit>Preferences>Performance and renable GPU. 

If not: then post back here that "Turning off GPU and restarting has

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 213 Replies 213
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is turn off the GPU in Lightroom Classic. (Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor, should be set to OFF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

You should also check your driver for the graphic card. Do you have installed the latest version: Please check if there's an update available. If yes, install it and check again.

At least it's possible that your monitor profile is corrupt. 

Take a look here for more informations: How do I change my monitor profile to check whether it’s corrupted? | The Lightroom Queen 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I habe updated the graphic card, so the problem was solved! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 11.4 yesterday including camera raw. On startup the last library opened with the pictures showing in Loupe view below but the main window in Edit view showed as a greyed picture. See atached screen capture.I was able to do a photomerge in Lightroom, but had to open in Photoshop to do further editing & save. I waLightroom grey image.jpg

I was able to export files to dng I had to use Irfanview to view the result. This is awkward & slows down the workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check the drivers of your graphics card. Make sure they are up to date. If that doesn't help it could be a monitor profile issue. Temporarily select another profile (like sRGB), just to check if that solves the problem. If it does, then you must replace your current monitor profile with a new one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the second person (that I have seen) who has reported this exact problem now that LrC 11.4 is out (and I have never seen this exact issue before)

Try turning off the GPU in LrC: Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Process should be set to OFF, and let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige  If possible, can you point me at the other occurrence you've encountered?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/affichage-raw-dans-le-module-d%C3%A9vel...

but now that I look at it again, it seems this problem has been posted twice, as the images are the same. So, maybe its only one such appearance of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, @Rikk Flohr: Photography there was another report with a different photo, I thought I had seen one landscape and one portrait ... here is the landscape report

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/scherm-quot-ontwikkelen-quot-in-lr-clas...

So I guess there are two reports of this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same issue, that occurred immediately after the install of version 11.4. The develope module seems to be the only one affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ths exact same issue, which happend  immediately after installing version 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a new Nvidia driver (it took awhile as I'm on W-Fi in a Health Care facility). This solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just udated to the latest version of Lightroom Classic and now when I go to the Developemnt module the phot's show up as a negative picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide some additional info, see the screen capture for the forum guidelines.

709E1871-5748-4977-8C78-B2CE681520B0.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard about that several times here in the forum.

Please try to update your driver for the graphic card.

See also here: Gelöst: Re: P: Gray image display in the Develop module - Adobe Support Community - 13006731

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to lastest LR classic.

First issue noticed was in Develop module.  Images appearing as negatives.

So, updated NIVIA graphics just in case.

Tried to open the catalog but now message saying it is corrupted and needs repairing!!! Nothing has happened to the catalog.  I only used moments ago.

Downgraded to previous LR Classic version (which was working fine with the catalog yesterday)

Nope, it says the catatog is corrupt.  In fact any other catalog it says the same.

Please someone help to fix this. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore a recent backup of your Lightroom Classic catalog file. Unzip it, then place the unzipped catalog file in a brand new empty folder and open it. If that doesn't work, repeat the unzipping, and place the unzipped catalog file on a different disk and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion but it simply will not open any catalog whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Correction. Just had success opening a backup of another catalog. Not the one I need.  I'll have to recreate that catalog and re-import the files as only just started work on it and hadn't backed it up. No great loss. Silly me in trusting LR.

What is going on though with these updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to get into my lost catalogue by copying it from its location on internal SSD onto an external SSD. But does anyone know why this would happen?  I don't want to have to do this to all the catalogues I want to work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening because your hard disk is malfunctioning, while the external hard disk is not malfunctioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks so much for your help. I'll run some diagnostics on the internal SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope it's working fine. Ran ChkDsk and no bad sectors/ no issues. It's an SSD anyway so continually monitored.  Can't be the interanl SSD it's got to be Adobe's rubbish software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chkdsk is not a full diagnostic. There are other programs that run deeper diagnostics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines