Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Install LR 6 on new harddisk/computer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been a happy user os Lightroom 6 for years. A few days ago my SSD broke down which ment I had to get a new clean SSD with a clean Windows 10 on it. How do I install LR 6 again? 

I found an installer for it (not on Adobe's pages), but when it tells to log in during installation it says I should update the browser..? Everything is up to date and I can't update anything. How to fix this? And how do I install LR 6?

BR Jacob

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had to re-install LR6 since I needed to get a new laptop. I used the CD for the setup with the respective serial number. Installing the software was succesful, but when I start it, a window pops up where I'm asked to sign in with my Adobe ID. I've done so multiple times now, but I'm still stuck at where I launch LR6 and I'm asked again to sign in. I'll post some screenshots below to help explain my problem:

pascalk54741062_0-1716381896036.png

pascalk54741062_1-1716382100462.png

pascalk54741062_2-1716382159789.png

pascalk54741062_3-1716382172002.png

After agreeing, the window closes but nothing else happens. When I try to start LR6, I end up exactly at the same step again where I'm asked to sign in. 
I'm quite frustrated about this since I loved the workflow in my LR6 and it worked flawlessly before switching to the new laptop, and I would be very happy to get it running again. Any ideas what to do?

Best & many thanks in advance

Pascal

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer, only comments.

The new method of Activating by a QR code is not possible with Lr6.

See the post from @AxelMatt here- https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/cannot-open-lightroom-6/m-p/14630132#M3...

End of the line for Lr6, sorry for you. Photography Plan (20GB) is the way forward. @ BUY PHOTOGRAPHY PLANS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment, Rob!

Honestly, I'm really pissed off with Adobe. I paid 120 bucks for a product I suddenly cannot use any longer, and now I'm forced to either swallow the pill and pay at least 120 bucks annually or try to find another solution and also drop my LRTimelapse extension for which I paid another 100 bucks.

I'm not happy at all with all these cloud-based options. Guess I gotta invest quite some time thinking about this, big companies will always try to find a way to squeeze the lemon a bit more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your annoyance. It is hard to keep 'old' software running for many apps.

Just so you know- Lightroom-Classic (v13.3 upgrade to your Lr6) in NOT a Cloud App. It works exactly the same as your Lr6 did. The only difference being that the subscription is controlled by the Creative Cloud Desktop App, but otherwise you have no need to use the Adobe Cloud.

If you get past your objection to the subscription method then I am positive you would enjoy all the new features in Lr-Classic and also having Photoshop included in the US$9.99/m Photography Plan (20GB).  @ BUY PHOTOGRAPHY PLANS 

I went subscription from Lr v5.7 and have never regretted.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends,

I just bought a new laptop and wanted to install my LR 6 on it.  I bought LR 6 and have a perpetual license and I've been told by many people that once installed it works fine on an Windows 11 machine.  The issue is I can't install it.  I actually downloaded the installation file directly from Adobe prior to their taking it down, so I have the exe file.  I opened it and it extracted a bunch of files including "set up" which I believe is what I need to open to install LR 6.  When I do it takes me to an "adobe installer" pop up that says "we've encountered the following issues: Installer has detected that a machine restart may be pending. It is recommended that you quit the installer, restart your machine and try installing again."  SInce I've restarted my machine many times and it always gives this warning, I have come to press the ignore button.  When I do it initializes the installer and then says: "welcome" and gives two options: install, I have purhased or try, I want to try adobe lightroom for a limited time.  I've tried selecting both and the outcome is the same.  A new pop up appears which says sign in is required and then when I press "sign in" it take me to a new pop up which is a dead end that says: 

"Update your browser​

To use Adobe services, please update your Adobe applications, operating system, and browser to the latest versions."

There's no way to exit this window except going to task manager and ending the task for Adobe Applications Manager (32 bit).

I'd really prefer to install LR 6 and not have a monthly charge.  I don't need any newer features.  My workflow is well established.  Anyone have a solution to this issue?  I really appreciate your thoughts and assistance...

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported similar symptoms (including me). It appears that sometime after Adobe announced December 2023 that you could no longer download LR 6.14 from Adobe.com, they turned off the activation servers needed to complete new installations.  No one has reported how to activate LR 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends,

I just bought a new laptop and wanted to install my LR 6 on it.  I bought LR 6 and have a perpetual license and I've been told by many people that once installed it works fine on an Windows 11 machine.  The issue is I can't install it.  I actually downloaded the installation file directly from Adobe prior to their taking it down, so I have the exe file.  I opened it and it extracted a bunch of files including "set up" which I believe is what I need to open to install LR 6.  When I do it takes me to an "adobe installer" pop up that says "we've encountered the following issues: Installer has detected that a machine restart may be pending. It is recommended that you quit the installer, restart your machine and try installing again."  SInce I've restarted my machine many times and it always gives this warning, I have come to press the ignore button.  When I do it initializes the installer and then says: "welcome" and gives two options: install, I have purhased or try, I want to try adobe lightroom for a limited time.  I've tried selecting both and the outcome is the same.  A new pop up appears which says sign in is required and then when I press "sign in" it take me to a new pop up which is a dead end that says: 

"Update your browser​

To use Adobe services, please update your Adobe applications, operating system, and browser to the latest versions."

There's no way to exit this window except going to task manager and ending the task for Adobe Applications Manager (32 bit).

I'd really prefer to install LR 6 and not have a monthly charge.  I don't need any newer features.  My workflow is well established.  Anyone have a solution to this issue?  I really appreciate your thoughts and assistance...

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

j'ai pu avoir au téléphone quelqu'un de chez Adobe au sujet de l'impossibilité de réinstaller Lightroom 6.14 que j'avais acquis de la façon la plus régulière. Ceci, aprés réinitialisation de mon ordi. Adobe m'a répondu que c'était "normal" car Lightroom 6.14 n'était plus pris en charge par Adobe.  Par contre, il n'a pas su m'expliquer pourquoi je pouvais réinstaller Lightroom 5 !  Il ne me reste plus qu'à m'abonner à Lightroom Classic ( m'a-t-on expliqué ) et les yeux pour pleurer. Si quelqu'un à la solution, je prends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that new installations of Lr 6 are not possible any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6.x required activation whereas Lightroom 5 and earlier didn't. Unfortunately, Adobe activation servers that Lightroom 6.x need are no longer operating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a Windows 10 crash and new installation, I am trying to install my Lightroom 6.14 from the installer EXE file that I have on hard disk. It decompresses everything, but then it will not let me sign in to Adobe. Instead it gives me this message: "Update your browser. To use Adobe services, please update your Adobe applications, operating system, and browser to the latest versions." Browser and OS are new! I also have the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app installed. How do I get it to install my Lightroom 6.14 now?

[Moved from 'bugs' to 'discussions' by moderator, according to forum rules. You cannot file a bug report for an old, unsupported version.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe has turned off the servers required to allow LR 6 to be activated. So you'll have to buy a LR subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved! I now have Lightroom 6.14 up and running -- installed and with offline activation. The method is described in this Adobe post:

Re: Lightroom 6 on a new PC - Adobe Community - 14638162

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that I first uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Manager, advice in another Adobe Community post. With my PC offline (both Ethernet and WiFi OFF), I could then install the LR 6 installer package using the provided key sequence. Activation is a bit complicated, but it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great, thanks for sharing that -- it will help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines