• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New AI-powered Lens Blur (Early Access) available across all surfaces.

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post applies to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic & the Lightroom Ecosystem products.

The Lightroom team is sharing an early look for AI-powered Lens Blur–giving you the ability to apply optical blur on any image regardless of how it was taken. Lens Blur is now available to try on all Lightroom surfaces.

How does Lens Blur work?
  • Lens blur applies a depth-based blur effect, similar to what can be achieved with real-world optical lenses, by using AI-generated or device-captured depth data (when available).
  • Lens blur will automatically prioritize focus for the detected subject, but you can also interactively adjust the focus distance. Precise focus range tuning is also available (currently desktop only: Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Classic, and Camera Raw).
  • You can also further customize the Bokeh shapes, highlight Boost (desktop only), and make depth map refinements (desktop only).

Will my Lens Blur adjustments on one surface be synced to other surfaces? I.e. mobile to web to desktop, and vice versa?
  • Yes, all edits will sync. To revert settings, you can go back to previous versions or history steps, or un-apply Lens Blur settings.

Can I add Lens Blur settings to my presets?
  • No, presets and copy + paste workflows are not currently enabled for Lens Blur during Early Access.

For more information, please check out Lens Blur. 

Please give it a try and share feedback in this thread as we continually improve this feature.

Lisa Ngo: Lightroom Product Manager

Current Popular Lens Blur Feature Requests:

Stop by and give them a vote if they're of interest to you!

Posted by: 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Please report your system info via Lightroom>Help>System Info...

If you encounter GPU driver issues while using ML features in LrClassic/LrD/ACR, please try to update to the latest macOS version or if you are on a Windows machine, follow https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html to update your machine to the latest GPU driver and  see if the problem resolves itself.

If the OS or the driver is not available or possible and the problem persists, then try the following

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1958 Replies 1958
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your detailed analysis. Although I am running Windows 10, 32 GB RAM and no graphics card, I have found that some images require more HP than my machine has. It does better with two distinct planes, the subject and backround. I have also found, perhaps specific to my PC, is that if I want for the effect to render at 50% (the default), if I move the lider slowly to 100%, the screen will not blackout as it does if I just cliick on 100%.

I don't know how to interpret your performance setting but you think that your GPU makes a big difference with LrC performance in general?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

love this tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 11 intel i7 -- lens blur - when adjusting in develop, the main large photo doesn't show effects but the effects show in navigator.  Then the effect doesn't show in library grid but shows when you look at individual photo.  Going back to develop, it doesn't show in big image.  In export it is showing blur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. What happens if you turned of the GPU acceleration from Lightroom Preferences>Performance tab? And follow the pinned reply at the top to update your GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be super useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say that the tools being added recently in cooperation with AI have been extremely impressive. Cannot wait to see what else is to come in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea,  keep up the great work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

Je trouve la fonction vraiment très intéressante, elle permet de donner du relief à la photo. Toutefois, cette fonctionalité ne sera intéressante que si elle est extrêmement précise condition sinéquanone pour une utilisation pro. 

Bien à vous, Rémi. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if you coule export (extract) just a gray scale depth map (z map).

KR 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new feature! Do not get rid of it. The only thing I wish at this point is that it would be able to sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if I could save the depth map, similar to the neural filter "Depth Blur output depth map only" function, so I could use the depth map to convert the image to 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Blur is a great abiity to apply optical blur to photos edited in Lightroom.

Highly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to have a slider to brighten / darken the blurred area.

Where do I request this feature...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome feature. I would have one thing to improve. There is no option to mask people automatically for being more precise when adding the blur effect. Doing it by yourself is really time intense and not efficent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to use the mask from select subject would be welcome...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je ne sais pas si un post en français est lu. Je voudrais simplement dire qu'après quelques essais rapides sur Lightroom Classic, je trouve votre nouvelle fonction de fliu de profondeur de champ déjà très au point. Le choix du point de netteté est pertinent et le dosage de la profondeur de netteté également. Le réglage fin permet d'améliorer rapidement si nécessaire. Le point à améliorer impérativement est la sélection des cheveux. C'est d'ailleurs un problème global, malgré tous les efforts et les progrès réalisés, les sélections de détails fins (végétation, cheveux, etc) ne sont jamais réellement satisfaisantes. Mais on fait confiance aux ingénieurs d'Adobe : courage les gars, vous allez y arriver ! Et bravo pour vos logiciels ! C'est un plaisir de travailler sur les applications Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oui, le preuve : je suis en train de le lire!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Translate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this out after having installed a much more powerful graphics card on my PC. I haven't chosen the best image to work on as the background is already fairly out of focus, but I like the tool already. I shall now find a more suitable image to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works good but for my large files from my Sony A7R5, it uses a LOT of Memory and doesn't work after doing 3 or 4 photos. I have to close LR and reopen to do anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your system info via Lightroom>Help>System Info...

And follow the pinned reply at the top to see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would definitely be nice to add noise back in, otherwise I'm likein' what I see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am loving it, when using a f5.6 lenses it gives that creamy bokeh, like f2.8 lenses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic addition in my opinion, love it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Really significant addition. 

Althohgh sometimes it bugs and adds blurred spots in the middle of a section that should be in focus. Those are very difficult to correct. 

Sometimes also the "Focus" and "Blur" buttons actions are inverted (?) 

Why are you using the word "Cône" in the french translation of "Focus" ?

I would suggest the word "Net" which is the contray of "Flou" ("Blur")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines