• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preparing slideshow hangs on slide # 2

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening repeatedly in previous versions and hasn't been fixed in LR 6.5 (standalone). 
Steps
1.  Select some slides.  I'm using a filter to select slides that are 4 stars or higher.  There are 16 of them in the folder that match.
2. Go to slidshow and hit "play"
3.  The dialog box comes up "Preparing Slideshow" and below Preparing preview for slide #2.  It mostly hangs on # 2 but sometimes a different slide.  If I cancel and choose a different folder with no filters (all images) and hit "play" it hangs on # 2 again.
4.  BTW...if I hit the -> buttone (play) below the images, instead of the "Play" button in the right hand lower corner, it'll play.
5.  Also, based on some other input, I've tried turning off/on the GPU. No difference.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sunil.  I'm on windows 10 64 with LR 6.5.  This issue has been there for awhile but is better as before both play buttons (text and icon) would hang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's back to the future in 2023! This bug is back - was it ever fixed?

Windows 11.

with LRC v12.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2/21/24 and the bug is still there in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's better not to post a "me too" message in an old thread that discussed a Lightroom version that was discontinued years ago. Because this thread is about an unsupported version, nobody at Adobe will look at it. Post a new thread, describing the problem as it occurs with the current version of Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines