• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos change color/saturation after export

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (46).pngwhen I went to export my photos (jpeg w/ srgb) they looked fine on my laptop screen but when I go to put them on the web they become washed out and not what I originally edited. then when I go back to LR they've changed colors even though the develop sliders are the same (see example below).  I thought it was maybe my monitor calibration but they look how I intended on my phone as well.  I changed no export settings this time but I did however add some copyright metadata as well as delete the camera metadata. I have no idea what went wrong and i really don't want to edit all my photos again, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

You seem to be using Firefox, which is not color managed by default.

To enable color management, open a new tab, and type about:config in the address field and press Enter.

Then type gfx.color_management.mode in the search field and press Enter.

Double click the line with gfx.color_management.mode and in the dialog that appears, change 2 to 1 and click OK.

Now restart Firefox and see if the image displays correctly.

As for other web browsers, Chrome and Opera are color managed out of the box.

Internet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tylers57065931,

Sorry that your exports from Lightroom are looking color washed on other devices and web.

What color space are you exporting your pictures in? Looks like you're using AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB, and the windows desktop wallpaper feature is not color managed.

Try exporting in sRGB and also provide us a screenshot of your export settings.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thank you for getting to me. I am editing in the pro photo color space but exporting as an srgb (see screenshot below). the exports look fine on my computer (the right image on the original post) but when i put them on photos or flickr they wash out. and now in LR it is showing that washed out image (left image in original post) even though it exports as the way i editied it. so i want to know how my images could have changed color within lr just after an export and how to put my photos online without them washing out.

Thanks so much,

Tyler

TylerScreenshot (47).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's a screenshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that. I had the same issue and swapped the ICC custom color profile of my monitor to the standard sRGB profile as you showed here, problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then when I go back to LR they've changed colors even though the develop sliders are the same (see example below).

So are you saying that your screenshot from LR shows wrong colors (and that LR displayed correct colors previously), and the screenshot from the Photos app shows correct colors?

If so, you probably have a defective monitor profile, probably delivered by a Windows update. Since Photos is not color managed, and doesn't use the monitor profile, it would be unaffected.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB.

Go to Control Panel > Color management.

First make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked. Then add the sRGB profile, and set it as default.

Relaunch Lightroom for the change to take effect.

If this fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Per,

Thanks for the fix on how to change back the lightroom color profile all my pictures are now as i edited them.  However im still having the problem where when i upload the exported jpegs to google photos or flickr the thumbnail appears in full color but when you enlarge the picture it continues to wash out. My export settings have not changed from the pictures above. The picture below shows the correct edit in lightroom and a washed out example on google photos.  Is the problem more on googles end or somewhere in my Lightroom export settings?

Screenshot (49).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using? Even with sRGB, if it isn't color managed, it will not match Lightroom. And you should always compare in Develop at 1:1.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be using Firefox, which is not color managed by default.

To enable color management, open a new tab, and type about:config in the address field and press Enter.

Then type gfx.color_management.mode in the search field and press Enter.

Double click the line with gfx.color_management.mode and in the dialog that appears, change 2 to 1 and click OK.

Now restart Firefox and see if the image displays correctly.

As for other web browsers, Chrome and Opera are color managed out of the box.

Internet Explorer and Edge are not color managed, and should be avoided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I export a beautifully vibrant image off Lightroom, then try to upload to my website / other sites to order prints and it is like the whole colour is completely removed from the image. No, I don't use FireFox, so that definitely isn't the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What color space are you choosing when exporting from Lightroom?

What web browser do you use to view the exported image?

Are you on Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines