• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos on an external HD get !

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I connect my external HD to the airport extreme and access the HD on my network I get an (!) on all the photos. The error says "unsupported file or damaged"

When I connect the external HD to another computer on the network then everything works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I forgot only the photos are on the external drive. Lightroom is on my computer.

It is my understanding that you can have your photos on EG: Dropbox and can access the photos just fine. As long as lightroom resides on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? Which version of the OS?

Which exact version of Lightroom?

The external drive is connected as not "sleeping", right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac 11.1,  - lightroom 11.1.1, the external drive is connected as not sleeping correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Lightroom - 10.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get the exclamation point icon, this means Lightroom Classic can't find the photos in the location that it knows about. Either the photos (or the folder or disk) have been moved or deleted or renamed. You have to find them and re-connect them to the Lightroom Classic catalog via these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that so it is connected properly. When I connect the external drive to another computer in the network and access the photos everything is fine - I do not get the error. It's only when I connect the external drive to the airport extreme to the network is when I get the error. The ERROR says "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what "airport extreme" is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an Apple wireless base station and it does have built-in hard drive sharing.

https://support.apple.com/guide/aputility/share-a-usb-hard-disk-on-your-network-aprt2703/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can share every disk that I have connected. That's not the issue nor is the issue that Lightroom does not see the images on the disk. The issue is that it sees the images but sees them as being corrupt or damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go a step further. Apple's photo app is on the same disk in the same folder, and when the disk is connected via the airport extreme, the "Photos app" sees all the photos from the disk without an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a waste of time. Adobe does anything to get out of having their own support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hooked up my external drive to my Airport Extreme and it worked fine with LrC.  Which Extreme do you have, the old flat one or the tall one?  Latest firmware for tall one is 7.9.1 I think.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines