• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos on the cloud which are fill size raws and which are smart previews?

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to see which Original RAWs are in the cloud and which are Smart Preview?

And how can I move originals from cloud to hard drive without risk to loose them?

I use LR Classic as a main tool to download images from camera, sort and store them but. Time to time images are come from mobile version of LR so I need the way to control the library and storage place of these images clearly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

See my 'answer' at - DELETE ONLINE FULLSIZE FILES 

I included a link to the Article by John Beardsworth that lists the steps needed.

With the Caution to Not 'delete' until you understand the process, that all files have downloaded, and you have created a Collection that you can sync the photos back to the Cloud as Smart Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR Classic as a main tool to download images from camera, sort and store them but. Time to time images are come from mobile version of LR so I need the way to control the library and storage place of these images clearly.

it seems as if your question is really about Lightroom and not Lightroom Classic, and you need to put that in the proper forum, which is the Lightroom Forum, and not this forum (the Lightroom Classic forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. The original post Clearly states he is using LrC (Lightroom Classic) and the mobile version on Phone and or Pad.

He is looking for a way to Clearly distinguish images that have been imported into the mobile version that are then auto Downloaded to his computer and added to the LrC Catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mainly used LR Classic as main file managed tool and LR mobile as companion app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only files in the cloud that are the original Full Size RAW files are ones that you either imported into the Mobile version of Lr, on your phone or pad, or from the Desktop, Newer Cloud Based, version of Lr.

Any images from LrC that were placed into Synced Collections are all Smart Preview.

If you had imported RAW images into the Mobile or Desktop version of Lr those images would be Downloaded to your hard drive and included in the LrC catalog. So look at LrC for something like this.

2020-12-14 10_05_26-E__Lr Mobile Pictures.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, most of my photos come from camera through LR Calssicand stored on hard drive

but some photos come from mobile like shot with LR camera or backed up to iphone or ipad on the go
later they automatically appears on my harddrive in appropiate folder (like YY/MM/DD)

as I understad after this I have one copy of image on phone, one on cloud and one on harddrive

but I need to have original on harddrive and smart previews on cloud and mobile.

Is there any way to check all places there is particular photo stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok maybe I wasn't clear.

Any images you import into the Lr Mobile app on your phone gets Uploaded to the Cloud system, Lr Web, and then Downloaded to your hard drive on your computer and added to the LrC catalog file on your computer.

If you do NOT want the Full size images on the cloud system, Lr Web, or downloaded to your computer then Stop importing them to Lr Mobile on  your phone.

Is there a way to remove them? Yes. Delete them from your phone and remove them from Lr Mobile on your phone and then delete them from the Lr Web system and either move the downloaded copies to some other folder on your drive and or Delete them from your drive and the LrC catalog (as you seem to be copying the original off your phone onto your hard drive and then Importing them into LrC on your computer) then place those images in a collection in LrC and Sync that collection and or place them in a collection that is already synced.

Doing that last part will Resynce Smart collections of them to the Lr Web system.

Yes this is a lot of work. The only way to stop this is to Stop importing those images into LrM (Mobile) on your phone. If you want to use your phone as a backup of the images that are on the memory card in your camera then just Copy them from that memory card to a Folder on your phones storage media, internal or Micro SD card, and Do NOT Import them into LrM.

Then only images I import into LrM are ones I take with my phone, and they are Not RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my 'answer' at - DELETE ONLINE FULLSIZE FILES 

I included a link to the Article by John Beardsworth that lists the steps needed.

With the Caution to Not 'delete' until you understand the process, that all files have downloaded, and you have created a Collection that you can sync the photos back to the Cloud as Smart Previews.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines