• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures appear corrupted when put into Lightroom Develop

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m currently trying to process a batch of pictures which (for the third time) are turning out corrupted when I try to develop them in Lightroom or when I open them in DXO Photolab. This is my method, which has worked perfectly well for at least two years. Import to Lightroom classic, copying as DNGs, select pictures for noise reduction, transfer to Photolab, use Deepprime noise reduction, reimport to Lightroom, then crop and make minor adjustments before sending to the Web. I have tried downloading from two different cards, with and without card readers, with different cables and I can’t think of anything else to try.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File corruption is always caused by failing hardware. No exception.

You need to identify the failing component. Note what batches of photos it's happening to - is it general and random, or just certain batches?

It could be bad RAM or a failing drive - but also bad cables and connectors, especially if you're using an external drive. It could be you card reader, or the memory card itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take some new photos. For this test, take JPEG images, not RAW (at first)

Do not open Lrc. Do not initially import. Instead, just copy them from the card to a folder on a hard drive.

Use MACOS Finder, to view the images. 

Do they appear Ok?

If so, then import them into LrC and look at them

If that worked, repeat the test, but with RAW in camera.(The RAW files might not be viewable in Finder)

If that passed, then repeat with RAW except this time use LrC to import. What occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines