• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pictures are greyed out.

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I turn of adobe LRC and then reopen it my pictures are greyed out. How do I solve this problem? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there exclamation point icons on your photos (such as shown in Figure 2 here)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"greyed out"

In addition to the reply from @dj_paige 

Are you looking in the IMPORT dialog?  Are you trying to import photos a second time? Or is this in the Library Grid view?

Are the photos a 'feint' grey photo image, or are they a totally blank grey thumbnail?

Are they marked with the 'Reject' [X] flag?

A screen-clip would be helpful!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and import a second time.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then you need to read more about 'How Catalogs Work' to know that you do not (and should not) import photos a second time when they already exist in the Catalog.

Start with a free eBook from- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

The Lightroom Catalog (a database file) only requires one entry that references one image file in the computer.

After the first Import there is always a reference to that file in the Catalog and a second attempt to Import just warns you with the 'greyed images' not to Import again.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When I try and import a second time.Sent from my iPhone
By @bernie1674

As mentioned by @Rob_Cullen , this is not a good thing to do. Use the one copy that has already been imported; if necessary create virtual copies in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines