• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer profile embedded in jpeg?

Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I printed to jpeg from Lightroom Classic CC. Before pressing “Print” I was able to choose the printer/paper profile. In my case it was an Epson SC P400 and Epson Premium Glossy paper. Therefore, I assume the profile is embedded in the jpeg file. How do I send this file to the printer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

That saves time.

Yes, I suggest you must create a User TEMPLATE when you have designed a print format you will frequently use. You can then use this TEMPLATE with ANY photo from your library in the future.

A "Saved Print" in Collections is more specific,  it saves the selected PHOTO along with the template that you used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I've understood your problem, I think you need to be printing to 'printer' and not to 'jpeg'. If you were intending sending the file to be printed by an external print service, that's when you may want to print to jpeg (ie. Produce a jpeg with settings to send them). However, if you are doing the printing yourself you need to print to the printer.

The following video will describe the workflow..

Lightroom CC - Print the Perfect Image - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the profile is embedded in the jpeg file.

No. it's not.  If you are printing to your own desktop printer, from the Print module, then Lightroom simply uses the chosen Paper/Printer profile to 'inform' your printer how to interpret the colors.

(Hint: If you set the Paper profile in Lightroom, be sure to turn off the Color management in the Printer setup dialog. Having BOTH Lightroom and a desktop printer set a profile will lead to unsuitable colors.)

If you are sending the File to a commercial 'street' printer/shop, then you would Export the photo as a JPG or TIFF file, with the embedded sRGB or adobeRGB profile, depending on the requirements of the shop. Commonly that is JPG with sRGB.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answers from WobertC and mike240 are both correct. I really appreciate the rapid response to my question.

My print has multiple images:

Pazel At Bat.jpg

My issue was that, when printing to the printer from the print module, I had to be very sure the correct images were selected in the ribbon of images at the bottom. Now I understand it is because I was working from the folder containing the raw images. The very last comment Julieanne Kost made in the short printing video was to "Create Saved Print" to use a specific template with a specific set of prints. I did that and a folder was created under Collections. So now, when I want to come back to print this "image" again, I can go to Collections, select the correct collection and the images and template are displayed in the print module without me having to worry about selecting the set of images. That saves time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That saves time.

Yes, I suggest you must create a User TEMPLATE when you have designed a print format you will frequently use. You can then use this TEMPLATE with ANY photo from your library in the future.

A "Saved Print" in Collections is more specific,  it saves the selected PHOTO along with the template that you used.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When printing to a printer connected to your Mac or PC an ICC profile conversion takes place during the sending of the file to deal with printer idiosyncracies. That 'on the fly' conversion simply corrects the colour and tone of the image data for printing.

There is no need to save the file with the printer profile embedded. 

you ask : How do I send this file to the printer? 

just press 'print' and after adjusting settings - 'OK' - and the system will send to your printer

IF you don't own the printer and someone else will print for you on the Epson you mention, then don't "print" just "save" the file and send the original file and allow their system to take care of the printer color management. 

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines