Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in lighroom CC classic 7.2 with a GPU NVIDIA M2200

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad P51 laptop with an Nvidia quadro M2200 card. I thought I could use it normally in lightroom. But in the development module, I have weird things. When I go from one photo to the other, I have a pause where I get the old picture before the new one. Then I sometimes have flickering still in the same module. And I also have slowdowns

I have since checked the driver version of the card. Uninstall and reinstall lightroom CC Classic. But, no improvement.

Can you tell me this card is comptible and what are the card settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Thank you in advance.

Frédéric MONIN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off the GPU acceleration in the Preferences - Performance tab? If that solves the problems, then you've got your answer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Yes and it's OK. But, it existe perhaps Parameters of the GPU to use normally this GPU ?

Thank you very much

Best regards

Frédéric Monin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea, but because GPU acceleration is mainly for high resolution displays (like 4K and 5K displays) I wouldn't worry about it. The speed difference would probably very small anyway on your Thinkpad.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. For information, I also work on a 2K external display. Is that why it's a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the display does not cause the problem and Lightroom works fine with GPU acceleration turned off.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I uninstalled lightroom, then re-installed again and it's OK. I do not know why I had this problem !!!

Thank you all

Frédéric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi , i want to buy a thinkpad p51,  but I don't know if is it will be good for graphic design apps , please If you can tell me if is it a good idea to buy one,.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines